• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Fix'in this...fix'n that

KBMWRS

Welcome truth back
Donator
Well we have been back home for a week now and I've been on a roll.

As soon as we got home two toilets needed fix'n. Luckily I had turned the water off so at least one didn't keep running. One needed a new flap and the other...well water was seeping out at your feet. New donut took care of that.

Then it was on to the trailer fixes. A folding part of our kitchen counter fell off during a rough ride through Colorado. This thing weighs about 10lbs and was held on by 4 screws barely 1/4" into the side wall. I fix with aluminum strips as backing and bolts & nuts will hold it now for good.
On to the solar panels which a fellow traveler suggested checking the hold down bolts to the brackets. I tightened them with some thread locker.
Under the trailer is the fresh water drain valve....between the tandem wheels. Many have had road debris chop it right off. There is a small metal piece that sort of blocks same but only from directly below. I used a 2" aluminum stip bent to make a complete cover around the valve and screwed it on.
Then the furnace. Worked then didn't. Hey it was cold in Yellowstone.
After help from the forums I removed and reattached the sail switch on the blower motor. This small switch determines if there is enough air being blown through the furnace to light. Mine seemed to be slightly ascue and upon reinstallation the furnace works.
And I changed oil in the Vette and ordered tires for the F250 (back order).

And now my wife says she is ready to leave on another trip.:rolleyes:

So you had a work out . Keeps you young....dude.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A605FN met Tapatalk

Well at least you have plenty of time to get those projects done.

My to do list so long it'll have to wait until I retire.

Our garage door opener died the other day. Had to replace that.

And I'm right in the middle of rebuilding our deck which went from replacing a few rotting boards to almost a complete tear down. Rotted joists hiding underneath.

Pretty soon I'll have to get to winterizing all the toys.

ad70c1ac36335ddb59a65b632b41f6be.jpg

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Being a home owner it never ends. Couple simple projects at the rental house. Replaced the bathroom faucet and shower head. Now my place got a little complicated. Noticed yesterday the sidewalk in front was wet, maybe the sprinkler are off a day again. Checked today and the water meter vault was full of water. Turned off the house main, sucked the water out and still have water flowing into the vault. Turn off the water on the city side and the flow stopped. From the meter to the house is plastic pipe. Had a similar issue couple years ago at the rental house. I pick my battles, called a plumber to fix. Not an emergency, I can shut the water off or on when needed. He will be out on Monday.

fd

iF YOU ARE REPAIRING YOUR DECK, GET DOWN TO THE HALLOWEEN SHOP FOR A PLASTIC SKELETON TO LAY ON THEIR AS A NICE TREAT FOR THE NEXT OWNER IN 25 YEARS TIME. :)

iF YOU ARE REPAIRING YOUR DECK, GET DOWN TO THE HALLOWEEN SHOP FOR A PLASTIC SKELETON TO LAY ON THEIR AS A NICE TREAT FOR THE NEXT OWNER IN 25 YEARS TIME. :)
That would be awesome! I just might just do that.

The plastic will have disintegrated in 20 years....you need real bones....Whaaaaaaaa Boooo

I went to pick up new 16' joists for the deck.

Didn't have a long enough trailer so I used the boat trailer. It was a perfect fit.
Ghetto hack!

127ca9b5f0765fe6d0b3d0b238fd7648.jpg

Did you take Mike out in the boat again and get it stuck and decided to leave it there?

Back