• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

FNG

LMan68

hello.....just found the forum, hope I can learn from the open track gurus here. Looking forward to good track discussion :)

You will learn everything except how to pass a PT Cruzer.......welcome to the Fix....

My guess is we'll learn more from you! Maybe you can teach me how to get around those pesky Cruzers :lol

Welcome, that's a sweet ride! And you have the holes in the back window much like our other track car on here!
331_04_11_09_10_23_51.JPG

Tell us more about this 68 Track car. We have another guy on here building a coupe "Trans Am" car. Yours looks to be a pretty serious race car.

Last edited by a moderator:
I must clarify,
LMan's car is a "real" race car that he "races", mine on the other hand is just a "poser"......same as the driver :shy

I must admit, dang cool look'n Coupe! More pics, more pics.

Nooo, no 'real' here....been gone too much to give it a dedicated effort...just trying to sort it in 2010, hopefully, now that Im retired and out of the military stuff. I threw it together in time for 1 trip to Road Atlanta last year - which showed how far I still to go :cry Needs brakes, more suspension, and a whole lot more driver!! :craz

"Real" is for folks like John Farr and his awesome '67 coupe (HSR FIA 5.0).....maybe he will contribute a post or three here sometime :)

You should have gobs of time now! Glad to see you returned safely, wondered where you went.

and if I haven't said it before, Thank You for your service.

Welcome, LMan68. I think you'll find this spot a bit more fun than some other places.

Definitely post more pics of your sweet coupe!

well, Im not usually big on pics, but I found these 2 from RA last year, testing the new car. Needs a lot of work!!

Attachments

• Road Atlanta August 2008 072.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 73
  • Road Atlanta August 2008 082.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 82
Love it! I've been wanting to build a 67/8 T/A car with a subtle restomod twist for years...

Hope you can find the time to get back out on track and let her rip!

You said it needs more setup. What sort of things? Maybe we can get a discussion going.

That's soooo obvious; he's moving at speed and I'm usually waiting for the Cruzer to catch me again!

Moron

"Fast68back" said:
How come Mark has posted a bunch of pictures and video of his car at the track and the background is never blurry?
Cause mark only goes through the motions. :gobp

Its actually a really cool picture of Lmans car. Takes a pretty high speed camera to get a picture like that..or some bad@$$ photoshop skillz...

"Shaun" said:
Love it! I've been wanting to build a 67/8 T/A car with a subtle restomod twist for years...

Hope you can find the time to get back out on track and let her rip!

You said it needs more setup. What sort of things? Maybe we can get a discussion going.

Yeah, a discussion would be helpful, if you dont mind wading through the novel of things that need improvement. :p I was in a major hurry to get it together sufficiently to run it at RA before I left for the Middle East last year, so I knew a lot needed to be re-thought. I was fortunate enough to get it on the track and back on the trailer in one piece that weekend, so I called it good :D

As I alluded to in other posts (partially), I need to attack the exhaust, brakes, and some ergonomic issues. The major problem I noted at RA withe the brakes was a too-firm pedal and lack of lockup, which is usually the sign of a too-large MC bore. Mine is a 1.125" SVO unit, so that may indeed be the case. Id like to avoid changing MCs until Im sure its the problem, as thats kind of a PITA, plus Im certain that bubble-flares are the work of the Devil. ;)

Otherwise, I have PBRs up front on 1970 disc spindles, and SN95 discs in the rear. Its a real Frankenstein system, but works well except for the above issue. The PBRs aren't really legal but Im a ways from worrying about that yet....I had them lying around and didnt have time/$$$ for anything else.

Back