• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

"fng"

TREE

Hi I am new to the site and mustangs. allthough I do own a 99 lightning. While shopping for a mustang I stumbled across Chris or as you might know him as vastang and he gave me some great advise and pointed me in the right direction he also told me about this sight. so a brief introduction is in order I am located in the Pittsburgh PA area I own a 67 400 4spd firebird and a 68 396 camaro but am know concentrated on a 66 289 mustang that I picked up down south it is original down to the radio and wheel covers mostly rust free but still needed floor pans. So I will be looking for some advise in the up coming weeks and months I am sure as I know nothing abuot fords in general. Thanks

Welcome.....It looks like Chris didn't warm you....we need pictures, even if it is not a Mustang....ya got some old power there.

I will try to get some new pics up asap maybe when the door is up and I am shoveling the snow

We all like old cars, the common bond is we just happen to all own mustangs. Nice to see some can ease off the spite.

67 400 4spd firebird

Back in 1975 when I first obtained my drivers license my Dad surprised me by bringing home a 1967 Dodge Dart. I beat the crap out of that little 225 Slant Six for approx. 6 months before a family friend mentioned they were looking to get rid of one of their cars.

The car turned out to be a 1968 Formula 400 4 Spd, Posi rearend, etc., etc. I vividly remember driving the car home the first time. I'd never driven a stick before and learning to shift out of necessity.... in the dark..... with no tail/brake lights.... and no registration plates on the car was a memorable experience. I paid a whopping $400 for the car and it was in VERY good condition! The only problem I ever had with the car was the clutch linkage pivot stud broke off of the side of the block and I had to drive it by "power-shifting" it for a couple weeks until I could find a replacement part.

I drove the snot out of that car for 2 years in H.S., ended up blowing the motor (failed oil pump) and then sold it off in parts to fund a 1965 GTO 389/4spd car that I drove for the rest of H.S.

Yeah we focus on Mustangs here, but if it's a hot rod you have our attention.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome, you'll find a lot of knowledge here on the Stang and other things you might not want to know about. As has been said we are loosely based on the Stangs but mostly just enjoy hanging out and giving each other a hard time! Most of us have or had "other" stuff besides Stangs too!

Welcome to the dark side.

I had a 69 road runner, 70 chevelle, 70 el camino, 66 dodge dart with the small block option, can't remember the cubes.

So, you see we like them all, well, except for SWMBO, she only likes Mustangs and 67-69 Camaros.

Mel

Welcome aboard fellow Yinzer. I am from the Irwin are (east of town). Did you know that there is also a site for Pittsburgh Mustangers called steelcitystangs?

Mike

I am actually from Harrison City. I have probably seen you at Irwin car show or around somewhere.

Back