• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Frickin drop lights !!!!

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
Knowing that I was going to be ripping into Red's rear brakes this weekend, I dreaded having to deal the the infamous drop light since there is really no place to hang it from. So while weeding my herb garden, a light came on in my noggin.

I welded a nut on the back of the droplight's frame. This nut has the same threads as the hole on the bottom of most cameras. Got out my trusty tripod and damn I'm good. Now the light is supported by the tripod and can be move all around and will remain still instead of falling down as normal.

Here's some pics.

It made life so much easier. Yes for this particular application, I might have used a slightly smaller tripod but made do with this one.

Sweet. Nifty fix to a common problem. Although personally, I just need to buy one of those cheap Craftsman halogen work lights on a tripod.

buy one of those cheap Craftsman halogen work lights on a tripod.

This was my initial thought, but the halogen work light stands are designed to stand much higher and are a lot more cumbersome to move around the shop/storage.

Great idea Craig, you may want to throw a patent on this little idea of yours, if nothing else, some idiot at Craftsman may pay you for the patent. It's a simple mod that could be manufactured into ALL future light housings to make them more useful.

I didn't realize until now that you had 1/2 a brain in your head.

Just 1/3rd brain. Working on half.

You see? It's comments like these that get me LMAO and then when you do exhibit brilliance it sets me back. I'll have to remember.... Craig = smart funny, not stupid funny..... well, sometimes stupid funny....

Back