• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

front splitter?

i'm planning on getting a new front apron with the lower radiator cutout, but was never a fan of the ones with the lower spoiler.
since i enjoy nascar and some of the look of the car of tomorrow, i'm thinking if i could do one of those carbon fiber splitters with the
heim joint/support rod setups. any ideas? i've seen some for the import and euro vehicles, but seem to only find late model mustang ones.
any ideas for one on a '67 coupe?

I've never seen one on a mustang, but I'd think it would look a bit out of place. Not sure if they even make them for our cars.

Bit too ricer for my tastes.

I think there's a reason you haven't seen them on anything but imports... :barf

Just one guy's opinion.

yeah...i'm leaning away....and here's why....i think they're cool on late model mustangs, but likely because the front end can get that much lower that the vintage ones. i looked at those ring bros pics and most of the front valances were too high. and i think those cars are as about as low as you'd want to get, too. if i were to get one on there, it'd just sit up too high and look odd. but, i'm still interested in mixing in some 'modern' touches. thanks for the comments.

Back