• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

front valance ???????????

robrod1

i got a 67 mustang i am working on and about 10 years ago i removed my front valance and bumper. my question is since i am finally doin my body work now and need to order my front end i want to install a new fiberglass valance and re-install my bumper. do the fiberglass pieces from mustang depot and mustangs plus and so on need a stone deflector or not. i guess what i need to know is can some one give me a parts list with what i need to order to install a fiber glass valance and install bumper. thanks yall

It "looks" like it would require all the stock parts. On the 67, there is a metal peace that connects the headlight buckets under the grille. I don't know if that is called a stone deflector but it does look like you would use that along with the stock bumper brackets and hardware. It appears that even the stock/original parking light/turn signal assemblies will bolt in. In other words from that link photo, it appears to be a direct replacement of the original IMO.

"tarafied1" said:
It "looks" like it would require all the stock parts. On the 67, there is a metal peace that connects the headlight buckets under the grille[nb]Stone deflector[/nb]. I don't know if that is called a stone deflector but it does look like you would use that along with the stock bumper brackets and hardware. It appears that even the stock/original parking light/turn signal assemblies will bolt in. In other words from that link photo, it appears to be a direct replacement of the original IMO.

Agreed.

That piece is referred to as the stone deflector and you will need one if you don't have it.

Back