• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Fuel Lines Suck

Starfury

Spent a good part of the day replacing the fuel line on my 67fb. Early one-piece, run up along the tunnel.

Had to pull the rear seat to get to the fuel line clips.
Had to remove the L/R shock to get the fuel line around it.
Had to remove the package tray under the rear window to get at the upper shock bolt.
Had to remove the L/R spring plate/lower shock mount to get the shock out.
Still had to tweak some of the bends to get things lined up.
It's still not entirely installed, but at least it's in place.

Fortunately the kid is 15 now and able (and willing) to help. Probably would've taken me twice as long to get as far as I did.

Wauw. Didn't know how much was involved to tackle this task.
Did you do this on jack stands ?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A605FN met Tapatalk

I didn't do all that when I changed out mine. I moved mine over to the '68 version along the rockers. Got it away from those hot exhaust pipes.

I didn't do all that when I changed out mine. I moved mine over to the '68 version along the rockers. Got it away from those hot exhaust pipes.
In retrospect, I probably should have considered doing just that. I assumed installing a pre-bent line into the factory location would be easier than retrofitting a different routing.

Mine was also pre-bent...just for a '68. Only mod was drilling through box under driver's side. Not sure if we even took off the rear wheel.

Back