• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Full floor pan

abrahamfh

Earlier there was a thread started by "coupe" in regards to the correct floor pan for a 65 coupe, stating that he was having a hard time finding the correct one.

I didn't want to highjack his thread as I usually would, so I started this one.

I realized that the difference he was speaking of from original to most repro is the indentation on the RS of the trans tunnel just below the shifter cut out. I looked through Fred's digital photo file and could not find any photos that show the indentation having a purpose. The repro full floor pan I have does not have the indentation, Fred's original floor pan(which I still have) has it and thought I better ask so I can cut it out and weld it into the new floor pan.

a6cd88f6-5614-bd83.jpg

what function would have this dent??? car equipped with console ?? Otherwise I see no problem for a floorpan w/o this dent.

Maybe like most of those floor pan ribs, it was added for strength, which of course would like it serves no purpose to the naked eye!

Hmm. My issue is in the rear area behind the torque box where the parking brake cables go, the repops dont seem to have the curved dimple that those cable route it. The early cars ran the cable above the frame and under the floor from what I understand.

This is a section pan that shows what I am talking about.

3020-511-64L.JPG

I thought the depression behind the shifter was in the repop pans? Maybe it is more evident on the ragtop cars?

I thought the depression behind the shifter was in the repop pans? Maybe it is more evident on the ragtop cars?
Mine is original, and a coupe. Mine has the cable to the switch on the tranny for the reverse lights ran through it. (manual tranny)

WoW. Thanks coupe, I didn't even notice that groove on the rear seat platform area is not present on the repro.

Has anyone had any issues with the repro's not having this groove? If so, how did you fix it?

Here is the photograph of the dynacorn repro I have hanging around.

IMG_3425.jpg

I am wondering, whether it is safe to assume that the dent just below the shifter cut out is to allow the electrical cable for the reverse light not to interfere with the carpet?

I recently picked up a 61 Falcon Ranchero that needs pans and while crawling under it, I noticed those same two curved embossments! They are also not connected to anything!

I guess it's kind of like evolution, looking at these parts!

The dimple by the shifter is for the BU lights on manual trans cars only.

The parking brake cable channels are for pre 66 cars.

Some of the online full floor pics show the cable channels, big debates on many forums as to how to order to get the ones with the channels.

Oddly, all the pics with the channels are convertible floors. So maybe the chinese repro guys happened to copy a 66 (or 67 or 68) non vert and a 65 vert? Who knows if there is really a coupe/fastback pan with the channels?

Here is a pic from the goodmark site with the channels, if you look at the pictures for the coupe and vert, you get the same picture.

3020-500-641S%20COLOR.JPG

I have been trying to lay eyes on the Goodmark floor for months now with no luck. Nobody has one in stock and Goodmark is awaiting shipment from overseas and they say mid march, the last time it was mid Jan, and that obviously did not happen. I would love to find a vendor that could take a real pic of the floor as it comes out of the box.

"Coupe" said:
I have been trying to lay eyes on the Goodmark floor for months now with no luck. Nobody has one in stock and Goodmark is awaiting shipment from overseas and they say mid march, the last time it was mid Jan, and that obviously did not happen. I would love to find a vendor that could take a real pic of the floor as it comes out of the box.

Tony at RPS is getting close to launching his new upgraded site where it will showcase such a feature.

Also, I want to add. I started on my 65 FB C code today, it has that dimple behind the shifter. It's a Louisville car. It has a console, but I have no idea if it is an original console or not? How can I tell?

So far from what I have seen and heard, the convertible floor has the early brake humps and the coupe/fastback floor doesn't. I needed the the convertible floor and got the hump when I didn't need it and had to work to flatten it out. :( If I would have known, I could have bought a coupe/fastback floor and trimmed the edge off. The other way is more of a pain. I guess you could use some angle steel or something on the edge of a convertible floor to put in a coupe? Hopefully they start offering the correct parts. Otherwise you have to section in what you need.

Back