• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Fuses, anyone?

Midlife

Staff member
Donator
As many of you know, I refurbish underdash harnesses as a side hobby. I've now acquired all tools and parts necessary to repair everything and anything, including resistor wire! The final hole in my supply were fuses, as I would like to fill up every fuse box that crosses by workbench for my customers. So I went online to buy them...at my usual electronic supply houses and major auto parts stores (including NAPA, which doesn't carry them in stock). And they were all backordered up to 60+ days! WTF? I found what I needed at Amazon.com, but shipping and handling doubled the order. Some supply houses that were not typical (e.g. RV supply centers) had two of the three sizes, but not all three. The hardest to find were the 2.5 amp fuses. I googled on that and found Fastenal, a major fastener supply house that has a store here in Panama City. Lo and behold, they had everything I needed in stock, and use will call to save on shipping!

So...if you need fuses, give Fastenal a call!

Hey, my fusebox is empty! :binkybaby:

I should of had you remove my resistor wire, since I won't be using points. I'll need a few pointers when the time comes.

I know your fuse box is empty...I took pity on you and bought fuses. PM me with your address and I'll send you a set when I get them.

So...if you need fuses, give Fastenal a call!

I second that motion!

Whatever they don't have in stock locally, they have some VERY large catalogs to order out of. You can save by having the items shipped to the store (you don't pay shipping) and the prices aren't too bad either. They sell a LOT more than just fasteners.

My local store has no weekend hours. They appear to cater more to the professional crowd. Nevertheless, I have been impressed with their wares. The local salesman is super helpful!

Yeah, Fastenal is pretty cool. I recommend a fair amount of people over there for oddball stuff we have a hard time getting hold of.

Back