• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

G-Tech 67 FB (Candy) Build

G tech cars

Hi Guys!
Just thought we would share our personal "shop" car build with you. We call her Candy ('cause she is going to be such a sweeeeet ride!). She has a 4.6 DOHC , procharger, 6spd, IRS rear, mini tubed, kinda Shelby/Eleanor mix , no flares or side skirts, exhaust out the rear and of course some custom features...
Hope you enjoy the pictures:)
Gene
www.gtechcars.com

What are your plans with the side scopes? I like the smoothed out fire wall but what are the hole in the cowl for?

The side scoops are Eleanor style bottom/ modified Shelby top. Firewall holes are for heat extraction or cooling.
Those are 315 tires but that is not the rims that are going on the car...
More photos coming....
Gene www.gtechcars.com

"G tech cars" said:
Coleman I like those wheels!! and Red is my favorite color

Thanks G Tech!

Are you going to finish out or cover the heat extractor vents? I'm gonna do my 67 during tear down for paint.

BTW, you build some nice looking and FAST cars.

If you take a look at my website www.gtechcars.com (featured cars) any Eleanor mustang you will
see the screens we make for the cowl vents/ we have aftermarket air cond so the fresh air vents are closed up
inside and useless anyway.. Thank you for your complements we pour our hearts out on these projects...
My website is way overdue and is in the process of a new makeover/some really cool stuff coming soon...
Gene

"Coleman" said:
Thanks G Tech!

Are you going to finish out or cover the heat extractor vents? I'm gonna do my 67 during tear down for paint.

BTW, you build some nice looking and FAST cars.

Coleman,

I went on my website and there weren't really any pictures of them so here is a picture of what they will look like.

"Coleman" said:
Good idea on the heat extraction via the firewall to cowl vent area.

I'm unsure how much effect on removing underhood heat this modification will actually provide.

The base of the windshield is a high pressure area. The traditional cowl vents work well here because the passenger compartment is normally at a lower pressure that results in outside air being "sucked" through the cowl and into the passenger compartment. But.... with the traditional cowl "top hats" blocked off and the front edge of the cowl opened up as pictured... will the high pressure air from outside the cowl be drawn into the "at equal pressure" engine compartment? Or will cooling air coming through the grille/radiator opening overcome the pressure of the air trying to enter through the cowl and convert the cowl into an escape path for cooling air?

If the new openings in the cowl end up serving as an air escape path through the cowl... I would think this would have a detrimental effect on engine cooling as cooling air that would normally be forced to route past the heads and headers to aide in heat disipation could now simply exit through the new cowl openings.

The first time I saw this modification was on Unique Performance GT500E's and I questioned it then also. Especially when all of their cars seemed to have unexplained engine cooling issues.

What I'd like to see is a side by side comparison done of "before the cowl was modified" and "after the cowl was modified" on the same car with all other factors being equal.

Until that comparison is performed, my guess is that there is at the very best a negligible gain/benefit from the modification, but more likely the modification does more harm than good..

"daveSanborn" said:
I'm unsure how much effect on removing underhood heat this modification will actually provide.

The base of the windshield is a high pressure area. The traditional cowl vents work well here because the passenger compartment is normally at a lower pressure that results in outside air being "sucked" through the cowl and into the passenger compartment. But.... with the traditional cowl "top hats" blocked off and the front edge of the cowl opened up as pictured... will the high pressure air from outside the cowl be drawn into the "at equal pressure" engine compartment? Or will cooling air coming through the grille/radiator opening overcome the pressure of the air trying to enter through the cowl and convert the cowl into an escape path for cooling air?

If the new openings in the cowl end up serving as an air escape path through the cowl... I would think this would have a detrimental effect on engine cooling as cooling air that would normally be forced to route past the heads and headers to aide in heat disipation could now simply exit through the new cowl openings.

The first time I saw this modification was on Unique Performance GT500E's and I questioned it then also. Especially when all of their cars seemed to have unexplained engine cooling issues.

What I'd like to see is a side by side comparison done of "before the cowl was modified" and "after the cowl was modified" on the same car with all other factors being equal.

Until that comparison is performed, my guess is that there is at the very best a negligible gain/benefit from the modification, but more likely the modification does more harm than good..

Sounds logical. It might in fact, work better as a heat extractor when the car is not moving.

"Coleman" said:
Sounds logical. It might in fact, work better as a heat extractor when the car is not moving.
not to hijack this thread but I did this mod on my car just before the HRPT. My car ran cool when moving but sitting traffic was an issue. The temp would rise in traffic, on the Power Tour I drove in incredibly hot weather and sat in a lot of traffic. The car never overheated or even indicated it was rising in temp. I think Dave and Coleman are correct, it probably does nothing at speed but on my car at least, it is the only way underhood heat can escape when sitting in traffic.
Now back to your regularly scheduled eye candy...

Back