• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Got one seat covered last Saturday

crustycurmudgeon

I thought I'd post a couple of pictures of the seat I reupholstered last Saturday. I wanted to have something nice to sit on for the Tuesday drive.

index.php

index.php

The seats are from a '90 Mustang. Danny O'Rourke from the VMF (DannyOO) helped me order the upholstery. It's the '67 saddle color and pattern. I haven't done the headrest yet.

Frank

Frank that car is going to look great. Keep up the good work. Slow and steady will get the job done!

Mel

Is the passenger seat the same (from a '90)? It looks like you already had the pair, but reupholstered just the drivers seat. I don't know if both seats are new to you....

Did you notice any difference in comfort with the cover on?

Frank, it looks beautiful. Did you use that Hog Ring Pliers set that you got from me a few years ago? How did they work out, I haven't use mine yet. Nice color match, is that Ginger?

I have seats from a '95 that I'm going to use. How much did the custom upholstery set you back?

"Sacbill" said:
Is the passenger seat the same (from a '90)? It looks like you already had the pair, but reupholstered just the drivers seat. I don't know if both seats are new to you....

Did you notice any difference in comfort with the cover on?

I do have the pair, but ran out of time to do the pass. seat.

I don't notice any difference in comfort, but it sure looks pretty.

Frank

"ZFORCE" said:
Frank, it looks beautiful. Did you use that Hog Ring Pliers set that you got from me a few years ago? How did they work out, I haven't use mine yet. Nice color match, is that Ginger?

I have seats from a '95 that I'm going to use. How much did the custom upholstery set you back?

I did use your hog ring pliers, they worked GREAT! I like how the pliers open just enough to get the hog ring in, so you can actually load a hog ring and set the pliers down and it stays in place.

The interior color is Saddle.

The custom covers were about $410 with shipping. :$$$ Pretty pricey, yes, but they were a custom order and it included the standard rear seat set.

Frank

Thanks for the Info, Frank. I'm glad the pliers worked out for you. That original poster never followed up on my offer...his loss, your gain!

Back