• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Got to make my FB a roller

Fst Blk

So, I kinda backed out on a trade for a 88 GT t-top. We both kinda decided it was the best route for us. Kinda one of those hum-haul around each other until we just decided not to trade.

So, that means I'm gonna get serious about getting this thing to a roller stage and then see if I can't get the engine and trans done to drop in.

I need to finish my roller suspension pieces but, I need access to some tools to complete and it's just not feasible right now. So, I need to get my hands on some decent upper and lowers UCA's to throw on until I can finish these. I have the roller perches done and adjustable struts.

For the rear I need to get some u-bolts for the explorer 8.8 and get the perches welded in. For those of you that have done this swap, can I proceed without the engine/trans/driveshaft in? Is it as easy as just sitting the pinion angle up about 3 degrees UP?

I'll have to pick up the rest of the brake pieces to complete the scarebird conversion. I think all I need there is rotors, pads, and some wheel bearings.

This should finish up the car as a roller. There is still metal work to complete in the qtr area, but I can always drop the rear back out to finish this. I need to see it as a roller, then maybe drop a drivetrain in so it moves under it's own power. It sounds counter-productive, but sometimes we have to take 3 steps forward and two steps back to stay motivated.

Thanks for letting me vent here and throw my thoughts out :hs

Bill

Its not at all counter productive. It would be if you were doing this as a job but it's a hobby. I find it best to skip steps and get things assembled for motivation and vision to see how things will come together. Besides, these car go together and come apart in hours(the bolt on stuff). When you can actually start it, thats when the real fun begins.

I agree with Ryan,
with all the mods your making, it's a good idea to put it together anyway.
For sure seeing it as a roller or even being able to move it in and out of the garage under its own power will motivate you a lot.

Back