• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

GPS...I broke it....

KBMWRS

Welcome truth back
Donator
So I have had a small Garmin GPS for years. Made a nice mount for it on my bike. It would hold a battery charge. This last trip it was acting up. It would turn off periodically and then back on after a while. Loose connection? Maybe part of my electric problems with the bike?
It did work the whole trip so there's that.
Back home I start looking into a new one then discover that the battery can be purchased and replaced. This may be the problem. So for$30 I get a new one delivered. Instructions state that the old battery is glued in so a hair dryer to the back of the unit will soften the glue. This is after I slit the case in two and they are only attached by a flimsy plastic sheet with electrical connectors molded in. In my movement of heating turning over and back...well you guessed it. The circuit board connector came off. It doesn't snap back in...and is formed over the years in such a way that the part that would make any connection is folded under itself.

So on to a new unit and making a new mount for the bike and wiring it to the bike. And so it goes.....

Well...at least you tried.....to be a handy guy !!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A605FN met Tapatalk

Whew! Based upon the title, I thought you may have brought down the whole satellite network!

I still have my Garmin Nuvi. As a service technician it was great finding grocery stores. It would try to find the quickest way home based on traffic conditions. But it needed to be plugged into power for the traffic monitoring. So now it is in the 07 Mustang, my new daily driver. Did I mention that I am a quitter? Quit my job and applied for SS.

fd

I still have my Garmin Nuvi. As a service technician it was great finding grocery stores. It would try to find the quickest way home based on traffic conditions. But it needed to be plugged into power for the traffic monitoring. So now it is in the 07 Mustang, my new daily driver. Did I mention that I am a quitter? Quit my job and applied for SS.

fd

What's up with that? Why did you quit?

What new tires did you get?
The convertible needs new tires. It still has the Sam Winston tires that my dad put on it. Better yet, when he bought the convertible it has Kmart tires on it. So the Sams were an up grade. Needles to say, I only drive it on surface streets, no freeways, and then not very far. The convertible is on the list of things to do. :rolleyes:

fd

The convertible needs new tires. It still has the Sam Winston tires that my dad put on it. Better yet, when he bought the convertible it has Kmart tires on it. So the Sams were an up grade. Needles to say, I only drive it on surface streets, no freeways, and then not very far. The convertible is on the list of things to do. :rolleyes:

fd
I'm not sure you got the joke.

I used to have Sams on the Stang, and they had terrible traction, but man they would do hellacious burnouts. You'd think I had a 4V under the hood.

Oh I got the tires joke, because I am tired all the time. :rolleyes: No rest for the wicked. :eek: And if I tried a burnout in the vert something would break. {.}

fd

Back