• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Grille Ideas

I'm getting tired of the old OEM grille. I would like to purchase a nice billet grill. I need one for the valance as well. I like Darreld's grille a lot. I did a search on e-bay and didn't come up with much. Anybody have any pics or leads?

I did quite a bit of research on grills before getting mine. The grill I got was made by Trendz or Trenz IIRC. I got it from Mustang Depot. Both the upper and lower grills are available from them. I hope this helps. There is another one available from most of the mustang places like Mustangs Plus that doesn't have as many bars. I don't think it looks nearly as good and it doesn't fit nearly as well either. I saw one of the other grills at a show this summer and glad I got the one I did.

Different year, but here's the one that came on my '65. It's OK, but doesn't fit as well as a stock piece... I was actually thinking of trying to find an original non-GT style grill/pony/corral, etc, to try and "go back" to stock, but I'm not sure how that would look with the hood scoop. I don't know where the PO got it or who made it.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Before powder coat
1_17_08_08_5_04_57_1.jpg

After powder coat
2_08_09_08_10_07_26_2.JPG

The inspiration: (actually its the first grill sluggo made for a friends car)
1_05_08_08_3_53_04.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Back