• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Halls Restorations

Johnny M

Just a quick word of warning about this operator. Approach with caution!!!! He was making knock off CS gauge clusters which were total junk, a few people on the Eleanor forum bought them but returned them once they saw that he "Shelbyized" them by sticking a transfer onto the gauge face. A few people have returned the clusters and afterwards Jack refuses to answer calls or refund the money. Some of the guys returned them up to a year ago.

I have personally dealt with this man in the past and it was nothing but headaches.

Jack Hall
Halls Restoration
375 roddy road
campobello SC 29322

Glad to read this. On another site I read similar horror stories about this place so I'm going to do my own bezel.

"Johnny M" said:
Just a quick word of warning about this operator. Approach with caution!!!! He was making knock off CS gauge clusters which were total junk, a few people on the Eleanor forum bought them but returned them once they saw that he "Shelbyized" them by sticking a transfer onto the gauge face. A few people have returned the clusters and afterwards Jack refuses to answer calls or refund the money. Some of the guys returned them up to a year ago.

I have personally dealt with this man in the past and it was nothing but headaches.

Jack Hall
Halls Restoration
375 roddy road
campobello SC 29322

A couple of years ago, I bought an original Holley 735cfm off of him, from an ad on the Cougar Forum. It was wrapped in a couple of sheets of newspaper and arrived damaged. I had paid with my credit card, so I was able to finally get a charge back happening and a refund after several months of trying to get him to make it right. He is bad news!

Yeah, this guy is bad news indeed, he shafted one of our members over at 69stang big time. They sent him their original rimblow steering wheel for restoration along with a NOS horn switch. When they finally received it back after numerous threats the wheel was terrible and the NOS horn switch damaged beyond repair. Looked like he took a screw driver to the switch and sliced it up to bits. So they basically got stuck with a wheel that is in worse shape then when they originally sent it along with a NOS horn switch that is no longer useable. Nothing but promises and excuses with no refund.

I’ve been meaning to add this update for a while now…

As I mentioned in my first post I had a horrific experience with Jack Hall from Halls Resto.

I bought a gauge cluster from Jack over 2 year ago. He charged me for having the CS signature embossed on the gauge face but when it turned up he had just put a transfer over the gauge face. So I sent the item back to him (which cost me $250.00 from Ireland)

So this is when the fun started. I needed a long list of interior trim and door parts so instead of refunding me the $1,100 we agreed that he would send me this list of about 100-130 small parts, all new and all ordered from Scott Drake. I wanted him to send them up to my PA address where they would be included in a container I had coming over.

So this is when the delays, ignored calls and lies started………And Jack is an expert when it comes to lies….It actually made me laugh at one stage….I got the “returned by the courier because the address label fell off�, It was defo sent, I promise�, “That part was in the box when I sent it�…..I got them all….every excuse under the sun…….

This is the list of the parts Jack promised to sent me

Hood Hinges
Hood Bumpers
Hood Bumper Support
Radiator To Hood Seal
Cowel To Hood Seal
Windshield Wiper Blade
Windshield Wiper Arm
Windshield Wiper Pivot Leather
Dimmer Switch Cover
Dimmer Switch
Headliner
Glove Box Door Bumper
Glove Box Door Button
Glove Box Liner
Ignition Switch Bezel
Ignition Switch
Headlight Switch Bezel
Headlight Switch
Headlight Switch Knob
Emergency Brake Assembly
Visor Arms w/Bbrackets
Visor Tips
Arm Rests
Arm Rests Mounting Kit
Door QTR Seal Screws
Door Bumper Kit
Door Glass Lower Stop
Door Handle Shaft Left
Door Handle Shaft Right
Door Handles Outer
Door Handle Inner
Door Scuff Plates (back of Handle)
Door Hinge Upper LH
Door Hinge Upper RH
Door Hinge Lower LH
Door Hinge Lower RH
Door Jam Switch
Door Latch LH
Door Latch RH
Door Latch Rod Retainers
Door Latch Screws
Door Lock Knob
Door Lock Rod Left
Door Lock Knob Grommit
Door Lock Rod Right
Door Striker w/shims
Door To Window Seal
Door/Ignition/Trunk Lock Cylinders
Vent Window Handles
Vent Windows Front Rubber
Door Water Shield
Trunk Latch
Trunk Hinges
Trunk Lid Bumpers
Trunk Lock Assy
Trunk Stem Ext
Rear Valance Inst Kit
Bumper Brackets
Fold down seat carpet
Fold down seat trim

And this is what turned up…..
IMG_0137.jpg

Needless to say i picked up the phone and after about 30-50 attempts i got Jack and screamed at him....this is the way it went on for a long time...Some days i would put my office phone on automatic redial and call him 50-60 times....He might not answer for 3-4 days but no doubt it was pissing him off that i kept trying to call his cell and jamming it up. After being ripped off by the guy that screwed up my car there was no way i was letting this one go.

Eventually, I actually managed to get a full Willwood rear brake kit from a vendor that "owed" him a favour....This itself was a painful experience because jack was working on this guys car for another customer and Jack was very very very late in delivering the car. In the end the vendor sent me the brake kit direct but billed Jack for it. And it actually turned up and was the correct kit!!!!! I was pleasantly shocked.

All in all i got about $1,000 worth of parts out of Jack but it cost me so much of my time and around 1000 international phone calls.

I think he was hoping that i would just give up and write my $1,000 off but my persistence paid off in the end.

I'm just after reading that post that he posted in that other forum and his sig made me laugh out loud..."TO BE THE MAN, YOU GOT TO BEAT THE MAN..........WHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! " Classic...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back