• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Harbor freight/door installer

Dne'

Since I work alone, probably like most everyone here, I saw this on Harborfreighttools site. I just love that place! Well, I coudn't resist this thing! As usual, there is a learning curve, a few swear words, etc.. but after figuring it out, works pretty well. I did install the drivers door by horsing it on. The reason I didn't use my newest tool, the car was up on jackstands and the tool doesn't jack that high. But I'll be putting the car on the ground soon as I get the front lugnuts, then install this passenger door. I'll let ya'll know how it works. It'll probably be up on craigslist in a few months. Cost was about 75.oo with shipping.
dne'

IMG_8007.jpg

Tool in action

I'm very pleased with this contraption! After the door was bolted(not adjusted), I was able to take the upper arm off and use the little jack to do fine adjustments, several times I might add! So I give it a :danc!

IMG_8011.jpg

I have been looking for one of these for a long time, THANK YOU. The last one I looked at was $400 from Brute. This was $68 shipped to me as my store did not carry it.

:pep I hope it works for you! I guess with any new tool, takes a little getting used to it! For the price, can't beat it!
dne'

"5f09CNot4Sale" said:
I have been looking for one of these for a long time, THANK YOU. The last one I looked at was $400 from Brute. This was $68 shipped to me as my store did not carry it.

Back