• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Harness wrap

LSTCUP

My main harness is in great shape but the wrap has overspray on it and will not clean up nice with thinners, I've been on the NPD site and can't find the wrap, anyone know if NPD sells it, part #?

Page 273 of the NPD printed catalog.
3/4" wide part #913-1
1 1/4" wide part #913-2

:beer

The harness wrap sold by NPD is concours tape, in that it is doesn't have any adhesive. It is difficult to work with because of that. Just wanted to let you know...

"Midlife" said:
The harness wrap sold by NPD is concours tape, in that it is doesn't have any adhesive. It is difficult to work with because of that. Just wanted to let you know...

I have heard that, I have considered sending it down to you, the harness is in great shape, just needs cleaned and wrapped, Im in Canada and shipping it back and forth across the border is a scam LOL,

"Midlife" said:

PM sent

When I did my efi harness, I bought some of the 1" oem, non-sticky tape from rjm injection. It was a piece of cake to wrap the harnesses. The only tricky part that I ran into was at the very end. There I just did a quick single wrap of normal electrical tape to hold the wrap.

To clean up the wires, I just used hand cleaner, and wiped them down.

"66gt350" said:
When I did my efi harness, I bought some of the 1" oem, non-sticky tape from rjm injection. It was a piece of cake to wrap the harnesses. The only tricky part that I ran into was at the very end. There I just did a quick single wrap of normal electrical tape to hold the wrap.

To clean up the wires, I just used hand cleaner, and wiped them down.

The factory tied off the ends by looping the loose end under one wrap...that's a pain to do. Several people have recommended the hand cleaner, and it does work, but I've found it leaves a slippery/greasy finish, and you have usually have to use water to rinse it off. I use lacquer thinner which appears to be harmless to the insulation and tape, so long as you do not allow the adhesive to contact the LT.

Back