• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Headlight connector terminals

DougG69

Does anyone have a source for the correct size/type terminal for H4/9003 headlight connectors? I am putting together a headlight relay harness, and the only thing I still need is the actual terminals to crimp onto the wiring (as seen below). I tried to get the old terminal opened up, but it ain't happening. I found an auction on ebay, but I don't have paypal, and the parts were in Hong Kong :(

H4%209003%20connector.jpg

Pretty sure they sell universal black plastic ones at most parts stores, I know I've seen them.
Jon

I've searched like crazy for the tab-locked spade connectors without success. If anyone knows of a vendor or manufacturer, please let me know!

I think this MAY be what I need... hard to tell from the blurry pic, but the description is right on. Assuming the headlight tab is .375"/9.5mm... I'll have to check when I get home.

http://www.rallylights.com/detail.aspx?ID=2383

Edited to add updated info:

These are wide enough to fit on the spades/tabs on the back of the headlights themselves, but they are too big to fit in the headlight connectors.

Terminal Supply - Digikey - Newark - Waytek and others should/will have the stuff. A friend of mine builds custom HD headlight wiring harnesses for newer cars and gets 99.9% of what he needs through Terminal supply, and he's built some wiieeerd stuff. :lol

The folks at Terminal Supply are good about searching for things not listed on their site too.

Back