• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Heads up

JeffTepper

It appears that the new owners of VMF will be doing system maintenance for a couple of days starting on Sunday. For those of you who are banned over there here's the scoop:

"A major upgrade of the Vintage-Mustang forum software is planned, beginning around 1:00 a.m. EDT on Sunday, October 11.

During this maintenance period, the current software will be operating in READ-ONLY mode. It is expected that normal operations will return around 9:00 a.m. EDT on Tuesday, October 13.

While the software is in Read-Only mode, you will be able to read and browse the forums and other facilities, but you will not be able to make new posts, start new threads or send personal messages. Any actions that change existing information will not be accepted. That includes updating personal information, classifieds, passwords, etc.

We apologize for any inconvenience or discomfort that this may cause, however, one of the primary reasons for this upgrade is improved security and privacy of your information. However, there are a lot of other benefits coming as well:

+ All existing threads, posts and messages will be preserved in the upgrade. This has already been tested.
+ Updated membership program; all existing memberships continue to be honored in the upgrade.
+ Security and spam prevention improvements
+ Significant performance enhancements
+ New homepage portal
+ New Photo Gallery system, so you can share your Vintage Mustang pictures!
+ New Private Messages, uincluding a quota warning system
+ New YouTube integration: simply paste a YouTube URL and the video is automatically embedded into your post.
+ New Image Resizer: oversized images and attachments are automatically resized to fit your browser window; you can click the image for a full-size display.

Great features standard in the new forum software include:

+ Multi-quote messages in your replies.
+ Auto-resize oversized image attachments and avatars.
+ AJAX page support: refresh content without reloading web pages.
+ Option to receive private messages from your buddies/friends only.

There will be a central thread to report any bugs after the conversion. Please use that thread instead of starting new ones.

Best regards... Don

--
Don Roy"

Note that I posted a question over there about how private "private messages" will be under the new software.

We should be on our best behavior for the influx of people.

What the hell am I saying :crazy

About a week ago, I noticed over there I'm not getting e-mail notifications when a Private Message is made to me. I won't complain to the management, as my policy is not to bother them in any way. Is anyone else having this problem? I hope the software upgrade will fix this issue!

Note that I posted a question over there about how private "private messages" will be under the new software.

Wow! You guys really believe moderators are reading your PM's? Don't you know gentlemen never read another person's mail? Oh...yeah...I think I answered my own questions.

"Midlife" said:
About a week ago, I noticed over there I'm not getting e-mail notifications when a Private Message is made to me. I won't complain to the management, as my policy is not to bother them in any way. Is anyone else having this problem? I hope the software upgrade will fix this issue!

Why dont you just send me this in a PM over there, then you can let them know? :mid

No need to...they are probably reading this thread now.

I'm not getting email notifications either, checked my settings and they were ok.

"JeffTepper" said:
We apologize for any inconvenience or discomfort that this may cause, however, one of the primary reasons for this upgrade is improved security and privacy of your information. However, there are a lot of other benefits coming as well:

+ All existing threads, posts and messages will be preserved in the upgrade. This has already been tested.
+ Updated membership program; all existing memberships continue to be honored in the upgrade.
+ Security and spam prevention improvements
+ Significant performance enhancements
+ New homepage portal
+ New Photo Gallery system, so you can share your Vintage Mustang pictures!
+ New Private Messages, uincluding a quota warning system
+ New YouTube integration: simply paste a YouTube URL and the video is automatically embedded into your post.
+ New Image Resizer: oversized images and attachments are automatically resized to fit your browser window; you can click the image for a full-size display.

Great features standard in the new forum software include:

+ Multi-quote messages in your replies.
+ Auto-resize oversized image attachments and avatars.
+ AJAX page support: refresh content without reloading web pages.
+ Option to receive private messages from your buddies/friends only.

Wowsers!

Uhmmmmm...Those of you that frequent here already enjoy these fantabulous benefits :toot

Well, we do have to deal with gay GO and boiled peanuts....

Yeah, but without those 2 things, there'd only be Pete's :bike escapades to talk about!

Ya, ya, ya, ya.....me and my trike......but we am dropping the pounds slowly....

Oh, I am not getting e-mail notifications from there either..... :rofl :rofl :rofl

Maybe I will log in as "better not say".....

"Sluggo" said:
Wowsers!

Uhmmmmm...Those of you that frequent here already enjoy these fantabulous benefits :toot

LOL That was my exact thought as I read it. So I guess VMF will be attempting to keep up with StangFix?

"Midlife" said:
No need to...they are probably reading this thread now.

I just checked in to see what kind of response I got to my inquiry about privacy under the new software. It appears that Bob has taken my non-accusatory question about privacy and determined that it is inappropriate and a paranoid respone to some unstated but perceived pathology infecting VMF.

After foaming at the mouth for a while and contemplating calling Bob out on his own forum I decided to sidestep him as irrelevant and responded to Don as follows:

"Don:

Thanks for confirming what I already know about "privacy" in the Internet forum environment. As you may have surmised, my inquiry comes from your emphasis on security and privacy under the new software format. I trust that my inquiry was not perceived by you as either paranoid nor accusatory.

Regards, Jeff "

Perhaps Bob will stew in his own juices for a while................................................................

"JeffTepper" said:
Perhaps Bob will stew in his own juices for a while................................................................

bob's been stewing in his own juices for a while now. As is Lieutenant Brian. Nick too I would say. I try to talk to nick occasionally on facebook, and basically get ignored. I guess he doesn't want to be seen associating with the likes of me.

"beach pony" said:
bob's been stewing in his own juices for a while now. As is Lieutenant Brian. Nick too I would say. I try to talk to nick occasionally on facebook, and basically get ignored. I guess he doesn't want to be seen associating with the likes of me.

Have you considered brushing your teeth? I do it annually and it does wonders in keeping friends.

Back