• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Heidts :(

Ok Ill be nice because I know what it feels like to be critiqued. Here is my 2 cents for the company heidts.
The tech support is horrible :roulette
They are not know legable about the product either :doh
They sell products and claim that they fit and don't (tried it on 3 different cars)(super ride 2 front end 67 mustang, 351w stroker) :naug
On a positive note the guy we speak to is very polite and has tried to help.

So that was my 2 cents. I bet it will change tomorrow when i cut the crossmember in half :scar and ups it to them. We will see.

I've got a 69 in the shop right now that we put a Heidts in and the owner then decided he needed a 351w stroker. I've got the oil pan about 3/8 of an inch from the crossmember and as far back as I can get it without hitting the rack. And the rack cannot be moved without some serious problems. There's no room for an air cleaner. I still need to build some sort of air box and run intake tubing to a cone filter. Up until this one, I've had no other issues with the Heidts. Most of the time I put a 302 in with it. The good thing is the car will ride awesome.

Doug

Spoke to them about our issues and they stated that they would accept the return. We used [mod]Removed name of competitor[/mod]and it installed perfect. Got right hood clearance, engine is in factory position, and the rack is under the channel in between the oil pan. It fits perfect. Also we installed his cross member in about 2 hours complete.

great people at [mod]Removed name of competitor[/mod] I highly recommend them. Heidts were helpful on the phone but it think they need some engineering issues corrected for the stangs.

It's been my experience that Heidt's does a GREAT job of marketing an otherwise uneventful product. They advertise "big" in the car magazines and are therefore "in bed" (IMO) with the editorial staff. Their crossmember is designed such that you must use 2" drop spindles to maintain ride height/geometry. Their sales staff are "salesman" in every essence of the word, but rarely are they able to answer technical questions.

[mod]Removed name of competitor[/mod] is the far better choice. I've installed their kit three times and it's always been a pleasant experience.

Whoa, censorship on the Stangfix.

I agree with big Dave, check out a certain father and son business [deleted - cannot name a competitor vendor, even an encrypted version of the name]. I put one in my 67, perfect fit.

"chucky" said:
Whoa, censorship on the Stangfix.

I agree with big Dave, check out a certain father and son business [deleted - cannot name a competitor vendor, even an encrypted version of the name]. I put one in my 67, perfect fit.

+1

wow, im shocked, more rules.... Where can we find the actual rule sheet?

edit: i see in the sticky that you don't want vendors compared:
Please keep your comments relevant to the vendor listed in the title of the thread. If you are starting a thread on a vendor not previously mentioned, please simply title the thread by the name of the vendor (e.g. Midlife Vintage Parts). Please do not compare one vendor to others within your post. The point is to keep all comments and recommendations relevant to a particular vendor to be found in that Vendor's thread

but it does not say another one can't even be mentioned. One big thing when restoring these cars, is when one part doesn't work specifically due to manufacturer, another make may help immensely. Naming the part that may work shouldn't be removed. Im not trying to stir up a bunch of crap, but why should this board be so much different then the rest. I just dont get it. Why the sudden need for censorship?

Its OK to do it Jake, just do it in two different threads/topics in the Vendor evaluation board. I can start a topic and praise company X and start another topic and bash company Z. This way a personal preference is not formed. I can see Mids logic in editing the post.

OK. Back on topic...somewhat.

In my quest for room for more tire space out back (65) I am considering using Heidt's 4-link set-up. This would eliminate the leafs making mini-tubing viable. Opinions? Other options? Let me hear from those in the know. Thanks

"Horseplay" said:
OK. Back on topic...somewhat.

In my quest for room for more tire space out back (65) I am considering using Heidt's 4-link set-up. This would eliminate the leafs making mini-tubing viable. Opinions? Other options? Let me hear from those in the know. Thanks

Due to the rules I cannot comment another manufacturer. PM me

Due to the rules I cannot comment another manufacturer. PM me

Not within the Vendor Evaluation Board, but comparisons between companies/products can be made in ANY of the other general forums.

This is all in an effort to keep the Vendor Evaluation Board free of clutter. Comments like: "I like this vendor and here's why" or "I don't like this vendor and here's why" are the intent of the Vendor Evaluation Board. Comments that "evaluate" a vendor.

Back