• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

help me pick my paint scheme

help me pick my paint color

• stay red (needs repaint bad)

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • black with dark charcoal (darker then e car charcoal)

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • white with blue

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • black with silver

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

pnandy

im leaning towards black with charcoal im go with a clean look shave all the emblems antenna rocker panels maybe power coat them black paint new mirrors black paint taillight bezels black remove chrome from grill and i might powder coat the inside of wheels black almost bullitt but black with dark stripes almost ghostish

pool_table010.jpg

blackflatblack-charcol.jpg

whiteblue.jpg

blacksilver.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
im leaning towards black with charcoal im go with a clean look shave all the emblems antenna rocker panels maybe power coat them black paint new mirrors black paint taillight bezels black remove chrome from grill and i might powder coat the inside of wheels black almost bullitt but black with dark stripes almost ghostish

Are you just tired of that pretty Red color? Personally, I like the car as it sits right now. There's something to be said for an original looking car. I don't think I'd modify your car.... It's made it 40 years w/o being butchered into a "modified", why start now? 98% of the "modified" Mustangs exist because they were rusted out shells that were brought back from the dead, rarely IMO is it wise for someone to take an original car in great shape and modify it.

But it's your car, so if you must, I'd also go with the black/charcoal. From your list of plans, it doesn't sound like you'll be doing anything that couldn't be easily undone.

The black/silver combo is too much contrast and the white/blue combo is WAY overdone.

Paint it like an Eleanor! Now thats a cool paint job. :icon_puke_r:

Its actually pretty cool, just overdone lately.

"daveSanborn" said:

Are your just tired of that pretty Red color? Personally, I like the car as it sits right now. There's something to be said for an original looking car. I don't think I'd modify your car.... It's made it 40 years w/o being butchered into a "modified", why start now? 98% of the "modified" Mustangs exist because they were rusted out shells that were brought back from the dead, rarely IMO is it wise for someone to take an original car in great shape and modify it.

But it's your car, so if you must, I'd also go with the black/charcoal. From your list of plans, it doesn't sound like you'll be doing anything that couldn't be easily undone.

The black/silver combo is too much contrast and the white/blue combo is WAY overdone.
I agree with Dave, when I first saw that picture I fell in love. It is sweet the way it is. My car was rusted nearly into peices and it was after all a coupe (right Dave) so I figured what the heck. But your FB is just awesome. If you want to modify one I'll trade you my rusty one for yours...
picture149eb3.jpg

it does need a repaint as its craking and flaking in lots of areas(in the right light it looks awesome its a 20 footer as of now i found out or noticed that at one point my fastback was painted ford blue, and i figure it already has the 5.0 roller in it no where near looking stock, i at least want to get rid of the emblems i ran in a guy in my neighborhood with same color and now emblems it looks good and if i do wnat them back on i'll just 3m on.

Thanks for the suggestions guys

"tarafied1" said:

Wow, your rust has Mustang parts all over it........

I think I would paint my next car either Brittany or Aculpoco (sp?) blue, but with modern methods.

I voted "keep it red." The stripe theme is soooooo overdone these days (sorry stripe guys.) Your car looks frickin awesome in red! Less is more.

I vote red. I almost painted stripes on my car that were charcoal. I think red with Charcoal would look killer. I didn't because my red is pretty flashy and stripes would have put it over the top and a bit gaudy.

"Waffles" said:
guys better than me no questions asked. im prone to red, but may be biased.

idk you did a pretty good job yourself better than i'll ever be able to do :notworthy:

Keep it red.
No stripes.
I painted pearl stripes on this cuz owner told me to. I almost threw up on him, but once the clear was on it grew on me quick.
The thing is actually pretty damn nice and people dig the stripes. Nice grille too :jam
1_22_09_08_7_56_28.jpg

Nice grille too

I like the pony out of the corral look. I never understood why Ford didn't capitalize on this when building some of their performance models.... such as the 68.5 427 car.... take the pony out of the corral on this car!

due to everyones responses i might get it repainted red however i just came across this fastback painted exactly how i've been wanting mine to be done i just won't have any eleanor style parts so i might be going this way especailly because i was informed that they sell a flat clear that can be used over the flat black so you don't have to worry when waxing the car that you'll get build up in the flat black area
DSC06285.jpg
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg219/zmetalmilitia/DSC06289.jpg
DSC06293.jpg

the racing stripes on your car with the turn signal hood I dont think would look too good. they'd have to either not lay within the body lines of the hood's scoops, or they'd have to be ultra far apart to make it work... I'd just go black.

Back