• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Hey fellow Stangaholics.....

Pakrat

I'm sure I know a bunch of you already, I'm a founding member of Stangnet and a Mod over at 69Stang. I heard about this place since the changes over at VMF and thought I would wander over and see what's up.

My short version of my story for those that don't know: Bought the car of my dreams from the second owner, it was a truly rust free 42k mile CA car sporting all it's original metal from floor to roof and bumper to bumper, had been stored for over 20 years. In 2006 a young punk in a POS Honda Civic ran a red light doing 65 in a 30 and T-Boned the snot out of me. Spent a year in physical therapy and have been restoring it myself ever since. It's been a long road but finally close to completion, I'm making lemonade out of lemons and modifying it now, something I never would have had the heart to do otherwise but it will never be original again so what the heck, better than getting parted out and sent to pasture and now it will truly be mine.

I have a cardomain site under Pakrat (of course) and there should be a link to my Restoration Gallery in my signature if I set up my profile properly.

:pbj Welcome to the forum. Nice avatar. Be sure to post some pics of the progress on the vert.

Welcome to the Dark Side. Do you have cookies and free beer at Stangnet? We do here. :craz
170_28_10_09_8_05_53.JPG

One of the mods will bring the beer tomorrow. :lol fd

Last edited by a moderator:
Another familiar face. Welcome to the Fix. I also want to see more pics of the girl in the avatar. :craz

hey pak! figured you would show up here eventually :) you will like this place & fit in well as it gets "pretty deep" around here from time to time :craz

Hey thanks gang. So I have a couple of questions about this site so far.

1) Isn't there a way to make your sig pic a clickable link to a website? I seemed to have been able to do it but not without also having all the code show up as text above it too. Usually it is as simple as inserting the image then highlighting it and inserting a hyperlink but once I try and save it it gets garbled and reproduced multiple times.

2) Could registering be any more difficult? I think it would be helpful to include the disclaimer that your password has to have at least 8 characters and include both caps and numbers, LOL. I had to go back 3 times, I was about to give up! First time I used my standard 6 letter password and it said "you need at least 8", I re-entered everything and used 8 then it said "you need to include caps and numbers". Thank god the third time was a charm, if it came back with "you need at least three wingdings" I don't think I'd be posting right now unless my laptop survived the fall from 4 stories at work.

As for the Avatar, I'll tell Mrs. Pakrat she's a hit.
winking0001.gif

1) Isn't there a way to make your sig pic a clickable link to a website? I seemed to have been able to do it but not without also having all the code show up as text above it too. Usually it is as simple as inserting the image then highlighting it and inserting a hyperlink but once I try and save it it gets garbled and reproduced multiple times.

It can be done. I'll look into it.

2) Could registering be any more difficult? I think it would be helpful to include the disclaimer that your password has to have at least 8 characters and include both caps and numbers, LOL. I had to go back 3 times, I was about to give up! First time I used my standard 6 letter password and it said "you need at least 8", I re-entered everything and used 8 then it said "you need to include caps and numbers". Thank god the third time was a charm, if it came back with "you need at least three wingdings" I don't think I'd be posting right now unless my laptop survived the fall from 4 stories at work.

That's an unfortunate side effect of spammers trying to infiltrate the joint. I will work on making it more clear about the password configuration.

As for the Avatar, I'll tell Mrs. Pakrat she's a hit.

Lucky bastid!

Back