• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Hey guys, put your visor down!

Shaun

Big shunt at the track yesterday. My buddy Ron's 2006 GT lost the front splitter which went under the car and when the rear tires went over it, sent the car darting off the track and into the tree's. No barrier at that point on the track. He went off at 82mph, and knocked down 2 tree's. He was lucky the tree's were small enough to break and not stop him dead. The impact only registered 1.7G's as it was a glancing blow. Car is totaled though with the drivers front all stuffed in and a bent roof. Modern car crumple zones doing their job.

Ron was lucky and only suffered a cut chin from his SUN GLASSES. The drivers seat and roll bar padding was embedded with leaves and twigs, he was lucky nothing poked his eye out.

It occurred to me many years ago when I used to run with my visor up and sun glasses on, I thought, 'what if I go off and get crap in my eye or worse'? The visor is made of impact resistant plastic, put the bloody thing down! If its bright out, buy a smoked shield. So what if its hot, having sweaty helmet head for the day is better than loosing an eye.

I agree and always run with the visor down. I changed to a smoke visor long ago so I don't need my sunglasses. Glad your friend is OK.

Mark would have cut his ears..... (glad your buddy wasnt injured)

motorcycle_helmet_ears_hlbIw_6648.jpg

Back