• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Hi torque mini starter

Back before I took the car apart I installed a '93 ford mini starter. I got my last issue of Modified Mustangs yesterday and there is a pretty good article on a mini starter install that now has me questioning how I have it wired.

The article shows a smaller gauge wire running from the NEG side of the solenoid to the solenoid on the starter and a larger gauge to the POS side. Mine is wired with a jumper wire from the Solenoid on the starter to the NEG terminal on the starter, leaving the POS side of the solenoid to the starter itself.

Anyone else wired this way.

Thanks, I've read a bunch of posts and looked at diagrams and I cant for the life of me figure out why I have the jumper wire on there.

I'm not exactly sure what you're describing. There is no negative side of the solenoid, except for the mounting tab that grounds to the body.

My mini starter is hooked up like this:
Battery + terminal hooked up to left (front of car) side of the fender solenoid
Starter positive cable from left solenoid terminal to B+ terminal on starter
Small gauge wire from right fender solenoid terminal to solenoid terminal on starter

This method gives constant power to the starter and uses the fender solenoid to provide power to the starter solenoid. The alternative method is to simply bypass the starter mounted solenoid and run the system like you would a factory starter

Back