• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

HID headlight conversion for 70 Mustang

miketyler

I bought a set of D2R bulbs and ballasts out of a G35 Infinity. Are there any 7" headlamp globes for such an application? I see plenty of Halogen and H4 types but none that accept the D2R or D2S base.

398341190_o.jpg

Found these adapters. They adapt true HID D2R and D2S bulbs to fit in a halogen H4 7" globe. Tried one last night and was amazed to see the difference. In my Cuda, the H4's I suppose were an improvement over the sealed beams but I still had to run with brights to see adequately at night.

Here is what the bulb looks like in the H4 adapter:

Adpaters_H4_8-L.jpg

Where did you get the adapters and what is the cost?

And what are you doing about brights? Or is your cuda one of the years with dual headlights?

His post on the VMF is more detailed and has info on those H-4 adapters, and I believe he is forgoing the high beams.

Yup - got the adapters off of eBay for $18 shipped. My 72 Cuda uses 7" globes. I was thinking on placing some halgen fog lamps under the bumber like a 70-71 model. If this works out, I plan to do this on my 70 Mach 1 as well

Back