• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

hmmmm

tarafied1

this is gonna be cool!
74Mustang_finalcomp-640x480.jpg

407105_10151434680653645_1030985325_n.jpg

a V10!
v10-640x480.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool, I wanted to do the same thing with my 78 hood, graft a 72 NASA to the top for a MAD MAX-ish look

Thanks for posting craig!

The first thought that came to mind is a Pinto on steroids. Looking for the thumbs down smiley.

"67 evil eleanor" said:
The first thought that came to mind is a Pinto on steroids. Looking for the thumbs down smiley.
Funny. My first thought was that might turn out to be the very first II that I like.

what's wrong with Pinto's? The first Mustang was a Falcon, why is the TWO put down because it's a Pinto?
dynodonpintoprostock.jpg

You forgot the flames in the rear and the caption of the driver saying "OH SH*T, I'm on fire". Imagine the same car with a 3" or 4" top chop. It would make for a totally different look.

"67 evil eleanor" said:
You forgot the flames in the rear and the caption of the driver saying "OH SH*T, I'm on fire". Imagine the same car with a 3" or 4" top chop. It would make for a totally different look.
you my friend are a victim of main stream media!
In retrospect, Schwartz writes, the Pinto's safety record appears to have been very typical of its time and class. In over 10 years of production, and 20 years that followed, with over 2 million Pintos produced, no more people died in fires from Pintos as died in fires from Maximas...

The supposed design flaw of the Pinto, according to Byron Bloch, was that in a heavy enough rear end accident, the front of the gas tank could come in contact with a bolt on the differential, rupturing it, and allowing fuel to spill out, with the potential for a fire. it is, however, extremely hard for the gas tank to come in contact with any bolts that might be able to accomplish this, unless the car is hit from behind at over 50 mph. And as was shown in the autopsy for the intital accident in '78 that started this controversy, the occupants died from the impact, not from the fire (caused by an inattentive driver in a chevy van driving onto the shoulder and hitting their parked, but running Pinto from behind at over 50 mph).

"ABC News has analyzed a great many of Ford's secret rear-end crash tests," confided correspondent Sylvia Chase. And they showed that if you owned a Ford--not just a Pinto, but many other models--what happened to the car in the film could happen to you....
If ABC really analyzed those UCLA test reports, it had every reason to know why the Ford in the crash film burst into flame: there was an incendiary device under it. The UCLA testers explained their methods in a 1968 report published by the Society of Automotive Engineers, fully ten years before the 20/20 episode. As they explained, one of their goals was to study how a crash fire affected the passenger compartment of a car, and to do that they needed a crash fire. But crash fires occur very seldom; in fact, the testers had tried to produce a fire in an earlier test run without an igniter but had failed. Hence their use of the incendiary device (which they clearly and fully described in their write-up) in the only test run that produced a fire.

"In retrospect, Schwartz writes, the Pinto's safety record appears to have been very typical of its time and class. In over 10 years of production, and 20 years that followed, with over 2 million Pintos produced, no more people died in fires from Pintos as died in fires from Maximas..."

are they actually trying to say any of them had a lifespan of 20 yrs? that seems like flawed research to me. :roll

as for the II posted at the top, not sure if its the camera angle or what, but the front looks killer, the rear just doesn't seem right for some reason...

"tarafied1" said:
those look like Toyota lights... :confu

yep, look like older celica hatchback lights. always thought that car was patterned after the 69-70 mustang in the rear half.

would have looked better if they had reshaped the tail panel & grafted in 2011-up t/l's.

Back