• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

HOK color match to "Vintage Burgundy"

eclecticdriver

Trying to match "vintage burgundy" in the equivalent HOK Shimrin 2 series. Seems like their Brandywine, Burgundy, and even Apple Red could match it but there are endless permutations. Anyone with any experience?

Have you tried calling HOK and asking them? They might be able to tell you which color is the closest. :thu Is it possible to order one of those little model example cars? I think that would really help, then you could see it in person.

I don't have experience with HOK other than my stang painted Brandywine over a gold base. You are right there are endless colorcombinations. Depend on base coats and number of candy coats you spray. There is a cool link to the painting of my car in my sig. Not sure if it will help but you can see the transformation of bright gold to a deeper red.

Thanks 68EFIvert for sharing and I do like your color...I've heard a lot of people use gold base and it makes perfect sense to me. I notice though that HOK seems to favor silver or black as their base and most of their color examples use those 2.

The same kandy over a silver is quite a bit brighter and even more flashy thn mine. I wonder if a gray base with a brandywine kandy would get you closer the the outcome you want?

HOK has a program you can download called digital paint booth that will allow you to apply virtually any base and top coat you want. It will do 2 tones and even stripes/graphics. It is car specific so I used the one for a 67 Mustang convertible. It helped me come to the conclusion of what I was going to do. I bet it would help you as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Mac based so it's a no go with digital paint booth. I may just have to budget for some color charts and paint to do some testing. Thanks again for your input.

"68EFIvert" said:
HOK has a program you can download called digital paint booth that will allow you to apply virtually any base and top coat you want. It will do 2 tones and even stripes/graphics. It is car specific so I used the one for a 67 Mustang convertible. It helped me come to the conclusion of what I was going to do. I bet it would help you as well.

:wtf where?! I must've missed it! Off to go hunt down the digital paint booth!

Back