• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Holy Soap, Batman!

crustycurmudgeon

Proof that CA isn't the only batshit crazy state in the union (this is in Oregon):

index.php

index.php

I also heard a story today about a guy in Oregon who was arrested for collecting rainwater for personal use. Apparently, rainwater belongs to everyone, despite where it falls to the ground.

Frank

That's just retarded.

I also read something about that guy. Had something to do with permits, snow runoff and rainwater.
That was also retarded.

In our county they teach classes on rain water collection for home owners. I've been using collected water for our outdoor flower pots and beds for 3 years now and am thinking about putting in another couple barrels. I have not used water plant treated water in the yard for a few years now. I wouldn't use this stuff on any of my cars though. I can't imagine what the collection banning states are thinking. It has to be more costly to use treated, filtered water for lawns etc. or is watering banned as well?

"DB65" said:
I wouldn't use this stuff on any of my cars though. I can't imagine what the collection banning states are thinking. It has to be more costly to use treated, filtered water for lawns etc. or is watering banned as well?

Whats actually wrong with it when it comes to washing your cars? I am assuming its a pressure thing, but im wondering if there is any other reason.

Im sure the states are thinking about the revenues water makes, both in distribution and sewage.

The water in the barrels is not the cleanest stuff you've ever seen... maybe if it was run through some type of filter it would be OK. Especially when it gets toward the bottom of the barrel it is visibly gritty and dirty. It is wonderful for plants though.

"lethal289" said:
Whats actually wrong with it when it comes to washing your cars? I am assuming its a pressure thing, but im wondering if there is any other reason.

Im sure the states are thinking about the revenues water makes, both in distribution and sewage.

Around Charlotte, it would be acidic. The rain around here takes off wax faster than anywhere I've ever lived. It'll etch the chit out of your finish.

Back