• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Horn Button Wiring - Need colour codes

Aussie67

Need some help please.

Seems I have a short in the horn button wiring on my 67 coupe. When the wires are connected, there is a spark at the button connector and the horns don't any sound. Should mention it is an aftermarket steering wheel so I don't know if this has something to do with the short.

Anyone know the colour coding for the horn wires? If I cant find the short I will probably go with a remote button mounted on the dash.

Thanks

Typically, the horn input line is yellow or less typical yellow/blue, and the output line is blue/yellow.

Aftermarket steering wheels tend to have more shorts than the factory versions, yes.

I wanted a tilt wheel so investigated Flaming River and Ididit. Neither had slip rings that were positioned for the horn to work with the original wheel- they didn't lineup. Perhaps the slip ring on your new wheel has the same problem. I think they were more compatible with GM because that's a bigger market.

Back