• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

House of Kolor Kandy Base Coat (KBC) Line

jking

I ordered my paint for my 67 coupe.
HouseofKolorTangerineKBC08.jpg
Its not their actual "Kandy" coat but the base. I'm wanting base over candy because I will be doing alot of driving in this car and don't want the headache of fixing the candy. The distributor of this paint told me if I want a darker tint to spray a dark sealer underneath because it will make a considerable difference. This makes me think it will be more like a candy :amaz

If anyone has sprayed this any advice would be great! I have sprayed tri-coats before and don't mind them but have also had to repair and hated it. I will be doing a spray out to decide if I want a dark or light sealer. I also plan to follow the blinker scoops in the hood with two black stripes.

Your coupe will look great in that color. It would be interesting to see how the kandy base color looks with different sealer colors. Post pics when you have the 2 different tests done.

Sure will...Depending on the coverage of the color (transparency) I may mix a color that looks close to that so it won't take as many coats but here we go in the candy side of it. I'll go ahead and do some spray outs with the sealers and a couple different bases underneath.

That's VERY close to the color I picked for my 68 coupe. I'm far from paint, but would love to see what it looks like on the car.

Using a different color sealer will change some colors pretty dramatically.

A darker sealer will just make the color darker and will likely be harder to cover. I suggest following their suggestion when it comes to sealer color.

06292010085.jpg

Got it today. The flash makes it look different. I'm very happy with the way it looks. I think it will look good and not as "Kandy" as I thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I have been real busy and when I had a chance to go to the paint booth to work on the car the guy didn't have time to come out. I really wanted to see how this color looks so I sprayed it on a fan lol. I just ordered some pushrods and got some Jegs stickers so I had to put them on there.

It has grey sealer under it too. I'll do something else with a black sealer.

Before
07252010142.jpg

After
07262010144.jpg

10122010196.jpg

Not too good of an example but here is with black sealer under it. I am spraying a Tahoe tomorrow so I'll throw the KBC in the gun and do two spray out cards with black and grey sealer.

Back