• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

How do I...?

Get to the wires under the dash and behind the console of my 73 Mach 1? I think I knocked a wire loose under there while trying to change my ignition switch.

Remove the drivers seat and lay on the floor.....look under the dash for disconnected wires. Without seat removal, it is hard to twist into the position to look comfortably. Seat removes with 4 nuts from under the car.

"AzPete" said:
Remove the drivers seat and lay on the floor.....look under the dash for disconnected wires. Without seat removal, it is hard to twist into the position to look comfortably. Seat removes with 4 nuts from under the car.

Wouldn't it be easier to see with the console out?

Sure, that too.....are you referring to the instrument cluster or the center console? I would look under the dash first to see if it is an easy fix. Maybe not removing the seat right away. To see what may be disconnected under the dash might not be located once you disconnect the cluster itself.....

Back