• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

how to disassemble seat tracks?

sigtauenus

I'm trying to follow this how-to, and I'm stuck at the part where you bend the tab down.

http://www.mustangmonthly.com/howto/mump_0811_how_to_restore_seat_tracks_on_a_vintage_mustang/photo_06.html

That's not what is holding my track in place. There is something else each direction holding the track about 1" away from that tab the article said to bend, so that tab at the moment has nothing to do with why I can't separate the tracks.

Suggestions?

I am perhaps a freak about this, but the tracks are not going back in the car as is, they will get torn apart and blasted, painted, and reassembled with fresh lube.

Damn, nevermind. Thought I saw it here but was mistaken, a search took me to the other place. If anybody in the future needs this info, ask or I'll post the link here upon request.

Success! Tracks apart, blasted, painted, and on the way to back together. I put one side together already to keep track of which track goes where, but I'll get a happy snap of the other side tomorrow before it goes together and post.

Back