• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Hydraulic Clutch Master Install Help Please

My Mach 1

Hi all,
I just joined this forum and I looking for some good advice as I build my 69 Mach 1 with a warmed 351w. My question is I'm installing a MDL hydraulic clutch setup for my T5 conversion.I installed the clutch pedal and under dash linkage and set up where I need to drill the holes to mount the clutch master - my car didn't have a clutch rod punch out.But when I looked under the hood to see where the clutch master is going to be located I see that the proportioning valve is smack dab in the way. Do I have to relocate the proportioning valve?What did you guys who have done this conversion do to get around this..Help..Thanks!

Hello and welcome to the Fix!

Not sure if any of the regulars around here have a 69 with a similar set-up or not. If so they will chime in. I can tell you we love to see pics around here. It helps to understand the situation and maybe spot any issues. A call to MDL certainly can't hurt. They have certainly been party to the same set-up and can likely give you some pointers. Worse case, moving the prop valve is not that big a deal as you obviously aren't trying to build a concourse car.

Hi all,
I just joined this forum and I looking for some good advice as I build my 69 Mach 1 with a warmed 351w. My question is I'm installing a MDL hydraulic clutch setup for my T5 conversion.I installed the clutch pedal and under dash linkage and set up where I need to drill the holes to mount the clutch master - my car didn't have a clutch rod punch out.But when I looked under the hood to see where the clutch master is going to be located I see that the proportioning valve is smack dab in the way. Do I have to relocate the proportioning valve?What did you guys who have done this conversion do to get around this..Help..Thanks!

If you want a car specific forum go to 69stang.com. All it deals with are 69's and 70's which are basically the same car. I believe one of the guys is working on that conversion right now.

If you want a car specific forum go to 69stang.com. All it deals with are 69's and 70's which are basically the same car. I believe one of the guys is working on that conversion right now.
Absolutely but don't abandon the Fix. We especially love all vintage 'stangs here and I for one want to see and learn more about your project car.

Back