• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

I am not believing this crap!

gwstang

:char I told ya'll about the neck operation I am having next month to fix the disc in my neck. Well what the hell do I go and do? Busted my ass at work! There is a polymer compound that is mixed with the sludge process (junk taken out of and left over from making potable water, you would not believe how much stuff is in the cleanest looking lake water until it's removed by treatment processes). I was checking on something in the shop before heading back into the plant and some idiot maintenance guy had spilled some of that mess on the floor and left it! :soapboxrant It also had some water on the floor from the recent tropical storm that dumped about 6" of rain and had blown in under the roll up doors. Well, that stuff and water is like pouring oil on ice and trying to walk on it. It's clear so very easy to not notice it. Bad mistake! :guns I hit that stuff and flew straight up into the air and went straight down (damn gravity) and landed flat and my head bounced off that concrete like a dang melon. :wtf I had that mess all over my backside. I crawled over a few feet to get off of it and laid there about 5 minutes and then got up. Wow, Head/neck/ back...ughhh! :shee Head hurt like hell, back was twisted and neck was even more painful. I limped my feeble arse back to the plant and went straight to the shower and changed clothes. Man, that sucked!!!!!!!! Head still aches today and back is sore, but the friggin' neck is the worse. It sucks not being able to defy gravity and being 55 years old. Did I mention that I am going to rip somebody a new one next week? He could have at least thrown some kitty litter on it...probably was going to and forgot. I guess I'll calm down some by Monday...naw probably not..he he he.

Did it knock you out at all? Head bounces like that can definitely cause a TBI.

Not unconscious, but i sure got dizzy and sick to the stomach. I watched for vision blurriness and checked the pupils for equal dilation ( I was a medic in the Navy). I don't think it was far from a concussion. I'm going to give someone a damn ear concussion next week! I am normally very calm and reasoned, but when it comes to safety...that gets me off the chain! I'm calling a safety meeting first thing in the AM.

Hell...you should have written a report and had workers' comp pay for your surgery.

I know the exact type of fall your talking about though...had a bad skateboard accident as a young one while going off a friend's launch ramp and knocked myself out for a minute or two (maybe that's what's wrong with me?). I had a headache and stiff neck for a few days. The part that really sucked was when I got home my mom made me mow the yard and the next morning I had a two mile pace run in cross country. Pace runs sucked in general but that one was memorable for sucking.

Back