• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

I Am So Damn Angry, And Need to Vent!

Sorry to hear of it. As the Grandparents can't you if you desire, petition the court for custody? That is if you want a little one around.

Mel

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

No, because we don't live close enough. None of the relatives live close enough to obtain custody, which was the problem. In the end, I believe this is the best for the baby, because her mother is unfit, but at the same time, it's heartbreaking for the family.

I have seen in some instances that grandparents can be given visitation rights even in adoption cases.

Never seen a case where family members who wanted to take custody were denied because of location. The goal has always been keeping families together.

This is in California. Hadn't heard of it, either, but the law is very restrictive there.

"Laurie S." said:
This is in California. Hadn't heard of it, either, but the law is very restrictive there.

In California they can not discriminate against you due to location. It is illegal. I know first hand. Also CPS in CA is charged with keeping families together.

Wow, I think someone is giving you information that is not from the book, but the easy way out. If I was still I could help more.

Sorry to hear this and you are entitled as the Grandparents to see the child even after it is adopted out.

I think the issue is the case worker doesn't want to work hard so they are taking the easy way out by telling you rules that are not laws! If you file a simple citizens complaint their stories will change in a hurry!

Mel

Thanks, I'll let Russ know, he's going through hell right now because of this.

I have an update! The scumbag boyfriend claimed that she had abused her baby, not him. It went to a criminal trial, and as the trial started, he recanted. He was so unbelievable that even his defense attorney was laughing at him, so he confessed.

It looks like there is a chance she will get her baby back, but she's been ordered to complete a three-month-long in-house rehab program. If she makes it through, and she's doing it now, I just may become a grandmother.

That is really good news. I am not sure mandatory rehab is appropriate, but since I am not privy to all the case facts, I can't really call it.

Mel

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

That's good news Laurie. Hopefully everything goes smoothly for her.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

She does have problems, so rehab is necessary. She's been to NA And AA in the past, but keeps going back to old habits. We're praying this time she will be serious about it.

Back