• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

I did the "cooler corn" on the 4th

Flysure1

Cleaned 10 ears corn, laid them flat in bottom of cooler, poured in enough boiling water to cover them, shut lid for 30 minutes, perfect corn, supposed to stay hot up to 2 hours.

I grilled mine in foil with butter and garlic salt.

My favorite way is to get a trash can (New and metal) build a bon fire at the beach, go down to the water and fill trash can with water put trash can with water on fire and dump the corn husks and all int he water. Boil until done, remove from water, pull back the husks and wipe down the silk, using the husk and a handle and dip the corn in a tall tub of margarine....

I prefer butter on my corn, but for this it doesn't work unless you whip the butter at home first and put it in the tall, large containers...

It is just awesome....

I guess you could cut down the recipe from 2-3 boxes of corn to just a few and a bucket....We used to do this with our church youth group when we lived in Cali... The salt water seasons the corn just right.

Mel

Back