• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

I GOT IT!!!

Well I have had a part on back order from Mallory for about 8 months, so it is obvious I am not gonna get it anytime soon. So I had this thought/idea. But I figured if my Mach 1 ran on its original ignition system from Stock. It could run on it again. So I figured I would take the cost of a cheaper original ignition and just change it back, to where I can do engine work, and after I get it running I can do work on the clutch to try and get it working and yea. Then I could at least have it running while I save up for the actual ignition I want.... Sound like a plan?

What engine is it? It does sound like a plan.

What parts do you need to complete the stock ignition?

I have a good but old 289 dizzy laying around.

Mel

Unfortunately im not sure that would work. Thanks for the thought though, reason being its a 351 Cleveland in the ol' girl.

"southern_boy" said:
Unfortunately im not sure that would work. Thanks for the thought though, reason being its a 351 Cleveland in the ol' girl.
No workee in a Cleveland. You can use one from a 429 or 460 though. You will have to recurve the advance though.

Is there an easier way then just trying to find out what needs to be changed back to stock to make it work? Is there any way I can just go back to stock and start over from scratch? lol.

Back