• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

I had Hernia surgery surgery Tuesday---list of other injuries

Flysure1

I had one of the more painfull operations I have had tuesday and I started writing all the things I have had "fixed" on me--quite a list--(my spelling will be wrong on some I am sure) my left arm has been broken in 5 places total in 3 ocasions, cracked tailbone, toncils removed,pneumonia,had my left ear drum lanced,appendectomy,broken nose,right shoulder seperated (screwed together) benigne tumor on right chest area, ruptured disc in lower back (surgery) 3 hernias repaired on 2 occasions,carpal tunnel surgery on right hand-(left next) 2 wisdom teeth pulled,2 teeth knocked out in car wreck, repaired meniscus on left knee,broken left thumb, gastric bypass surgery, vasectomy, many stitches and staples---whew I think that is all!

So YOU'RE the one responsible for rising medical costs and insurance! My Gawd, Rod...it would have been easier to list those operations you DIDN'T have!

Enjoy the time off for healing. I convinced the SWMBO that ice cream was a daily requirement to ensure a timely recovery. That and long naps.

What really sucks is that good old arthritis will set in early where ever there has been a bone disturbed. I am starting to feel sore in every spot that was injured in earlier days.

The worst is the shoulder, I can't swing a golf club without pain anymore, also throwing a ball all out doesn't happen, I had a therapist tell me a doc could put me out and loosen it up but chances are it would go back to present state if I didn't keep up on therapy. It could be worse--could not be moving at all.

Man, you must have lived a rough life. I have never broken a bone in 42 years. Which is a shock since I thought I was Evil Knievel when I was growing up. I never even had a stitch until I was 38 or so. But, that was just the beginning. When I turned 38, not only did I get my first stitches, but I got my hemorrhoid surgery-YAY! Crap, did I mention I was told I had diabetes, high blood pressure, and sky rocketing cholesterol? A year later I was awarded back surgery(3 ruptured disks). Then a year later Elmendorf Air Force base hospital was kind enough to donate to me, a nice staph infection. After spending a week in the hospital all was well until it came back almost a year later in the same leg. Can you say mrsa? 2 weeks that time. I almost forgot to mention, when I was in the hospital for the second infection I had what they thought was a heat attack. 7 is my lucky number because that's how many bypasses they performed. Then a month after that I had knee surgery. I didn't start falling apart until I was almost 40. Old age sucks and I'm not even 43 yet.

Yes, my sympathies as well. I have never had a hernia but I had a friend who did. Did you get the morphine ball? My friend carried this thing that looked like a Downey ball around his neck and it injected morphine into his system.

In my opinion I did not recieve enough pain control medication, I was very miserable the first night, they gave me some morphine injected through my I.V. and some muscle relaxers and 10 mg. vicadin every 4-5 hours, I was not a happy camper. One might say I whined a LOT!---I thought I should have been near unconscious. wah--wah---I was surprised how much better I felt a day later I must admit.

I had hernia surgery as out patient back in Oct. In at 7am, out by noon only I had so much pain they kept me till 7pm then said I HAD to leave based on ins. coverage. They did not want to do more paperwork and I was fine with that. The doc said it was one of the worst he had seen. Said I should have not been walking. The pain meds (Loratab) they gave me created all sorts of weird hallucinations. I decided to deal with the pain and not wake up in the middle of the night scared to death over unknown things. Real odd stuff. Nothing like the 60's. That was fun. lol Healed up good within a month.

The last one I had done was outpatient also, they made about a 10 inch incision this time, I have 22 staples and a lot of stitches this time---the first one about 8 years did not compare to this one, I was eating lunch and then went home--about 5 hrs total stay. they also used the mesh this time.

You described mine to a t, And this was my first. Hope I never have another. I waited over a year before I had this one fixed. Should not have waited so long but life is as it is.

I guess this wouldn't be a good time to mention my stuffed up nose....

Damn, you guys are falling apart at the seams!

This hernia was my first major problem ever. The arthritis is just starting to come into play. My doctors still cannot believe at 57 I am not taking a handful of pills each day. Only have 1 to take. Now, my wife has enough problems for both of us.

Getting old, things not working, falling apart, being put back together.....and all works again. Kinda like our classic cars isn't it? And better the second time around. lol

I really don't take a lot of pills, a celebrex in the morning to help the arthur pain, half a blood pressure pill and a lo-dose aspirin just because.

Back