• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

I hate cheaters

Randy:

Full disclosure, I am not the originator of this piece but received it as an attachment to an email and found the theme humorous. I too saw the "hire score" error and left it in to see who might catch that gaffe. Allen gets the trophy!

As far as political office, thank you for the endorsement, but no thanks!

I find it funny people get bent about some Hollywood types or ultra-rich buying their way into something as they do with EVERY single thing in their lives. Isn't it kind of expected that money gets you advantages? We all do it. We pay more for a concert or game seat closer to the action. We pay extra for a reserved seat at a movie theater rather than show up early to try and grab a good one. You want to get upset about the unfair practices involved in college admissions focus on all the "special" groups that now get preference over a kid who got the better grades. That shit is 100x worse than some actress's kid being allowed in to skip class and do nothing. For every one of those there are likely 10,000 kids who got bumped to the front of the line because of the color of their skin or some other irrelevant characteristic.

How about having simple fairness and transparency in each years admissions class at all publicly funded schools? Admission based completely on scholastic qualifications. High school GPA, ACT and SAT scores. Maybe an additional points bonus for extracurricular activities. Nothing for the gender or race of an applicant. Nothing outside simple academic performance. Make the list of each year's incoming class publicly available sans the students identifying information. Have the school staff in charge of admissions sign off on it as legitimate and subject to prosecution and/or fine if a random audit finds the rules were broken.
Can you just imagine a system where students who work hard, do the right things and earn good grades are recognized and rewarded as opposed to finding ways to classify, limit, disenfranchise and punish them just so others who didn't can take their prize?

Back