• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

I hate moving

Starfury

So me and my roommate (or my roommate and I, for the grammar nazis) have been forced to relocate to a new place on kinda short notice, and due to the 4 day overlap between contracts on the two places and our having to work through it all, we've been moving until 2am the past two nights, then getting up for work and doing it again. A full u-haul load thursday night, and three trips last night in a GMC 2500. I'm friggin beat. I want a beer, too...

Let's see, should I cry for you or laugh at you? Moved a few times, all military related and paid for if not done completely by them. The last move was a non-military move based on saying to heck with life. Sold all I could and moved the rest into an RV. Not to bad. Took a year though, lol. Now moving takes about 30 min. to un-hook, load a car, and drive away.

And by the way, you will get old like some of us are.......

I would have several semi loads of junk if I ever moved it all, I would need to have an auction! I have a 40 X 60 garage and a 24 X 24 garage near full of "stuff".

Moving f'ing sucks. I just had to move my fiancee's stuff here, so now we have 2 houses of crap stuffed into one.
Not to mention I worked 22 hours of overtime last weekend moving company computers from 3 locations to the new one. Then come January, I'll have to move another 200 or so computers, including servers and racks to new locations. Now here's the really crappy part. They all have to be done on friday nights and saturday mornings. One of these moves has 100+ pcs and 5 servers and I start at 5pm and don't stop till it's done(run on sentence lol). It has to be done by 12pm the following day. So my day starts at 8am and ends.....probably saturday around 11am.....unless I get fired before then.(douchebag boss)
Nice to see my job went from field tech to moving bitch......
It's all good though, all that OT money is going to the new car fund.

Back