• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

I have a Dilemma

The interior in my car is Palomino. I replaced the front seats with some tan leather Mustang GT seats from the early 2000's. My back seat is still palomino, but needs recovered.
The front seats look decent in the car, but I really like palomino. I can't dye the front seats palomino because the factory color has a variation in it that you can't duplicate with a dying.
Add to this that while the front seats are a lot more comfortable than the old ones, I'm also not crazy about them. The bottom line is that I need seats that match, but don't want to go back to the original style seats. What should I do? Please don't suggest changing the color of the entire interior, cuz it ain't happenin'! I'm thinking maybe try to get new seat covers for the front made in palomino? idunno. :confu

If the front seats are real leather , it can be dyed with any color/shade. IMO :confu

Maybe contact a local ulphostery shop about recovering the front seats with some palomino material if it's available.

TapaYakin' from my iPhone

Jim, There is an Amish upholsterer in New London who does great costum work. I had him do my seats OEM. I seen some cars he was doing for the good guys show. If you want his number give me a PM. I will try and find his number.

"B67FSTB" said:
If the front seats are real leather , it can be dyed with any color/shade. IMO :confu

Palomino isn't just one shade, it varies throughout the part it is on. I'm not aware of any way to dye the seats to actually match the rear seats, but if you know of a way, please share.

"bravenrace" said:
What kind of cost is involved in doing two front seats like that?

I paid around 300.00 just to install my covers that I bought including new foam. That was for the front and back seats.

Bravenrace... I know where some guy has 2 sets of front buckets for a 65-66... one set from a 65 (blue) and one set from a 66 (Palomino)... you saved your seat tracks didn't you??? A stud is broken on one of each set..

Has anybody used the sport foam seats???

Bravenrace, there also is the option of Fox Body seats... when we were at SEMA I talked to them about get fox body upholstery in the old vinyl and they said no problem... years ago a guy in my club put Recaro seats out of 79 Mustang Pace Car into his 65 coupe, I recall them being a bolt in using 65 tracks...

If I go the route of the sport seats, I'll end up with about $600 into them not including what the seats cost me. I'd prefer to not spend that much if possible. If they have palomino covers for the Fox body cars, might they have them for the seats I already have? Are you talking about TMI?

Also, I was looking on the Procar website and they have a package that includes the Ralley seats and matching rear upholstery. I couldn't find an email address for them, but does anyone know if they can or will make a set in colors other than their standard color offerings, like Palomino? I like those seats, and that would be a clean and slick solution to my problem. In their color charts they also list "bare". Does anyone know what that is? Is that a seat without upholstery possibly?

Back