• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

I sold the cobra II drag car.

d_ford

It was a bittersweet moment watching it going down the driveway on a trailer. I've owned that car for a long time, longer than any car I've ever owned but I knew I would never finish it. I've had it for sale for close to three years.

I used to race it when it was a street legal car and had a blast, but I thought I wanted a full-on race car so I back-halved it, installed a 4 link rear suspension, tubbed it, etc. I never finished it. I went through a divorce about 10 years ago and it was one of two cars I kept but I just moved it from garage to garage until I bought the place I have now.

The new owner has great plans for it and promised to send pictures when he gets it back on a track. I wish him well and hope to see it racing again sometime. If you watch any drag racing from the track at Bowling Green Ky. look for a black and gold II.

"d_ford" said:
... If you watch any drag racing from the track at Bowling Green Ky. look for a black and gold II.
I hate to see cars go too but it sounds like it has a good home. I look forward to see it at Beach Bend (and maybe race against it someday!) I would have liked to buy it myself... I think the II's are cool especially tubbed!

dang, I loved the look of that car, MEAN!, I have to finish the coupe so i can start on my Black/Gold t-top Cobra 2

Craig if you run into it at the track let me know...and try to get some pics! He said he's really busy right now so it will be a couple of months before he has it ready to race.

Back