• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

I think I sold my 65 project

Flysure1

I had told a neighbor about my 65 project last fall and he came around yesterday to look at it, he was really impressed with the shape of it especially for a Illinois car (it has been parked inside for over 30 years) I told him 3400 last year, I told him that was not going to come down, he said consider it sold, I have not seen any money but he is pretty stand-up guy so I imagin it is, I kind of hate to sell it but it is too solid to just let sit as I have been, we have 2 others to take up my time, I think he will get it finished.

I guess it is official now, they have the title and I have a cashiers check, they had looked at other "project" mustangs and they said this was by far the most solid body and it needs no interior work, the dash has no cracks or any warping and no torn stitching in the seats,hmmm, what was I thinking, I will probably regret selling it someday but I hated to just let it set, 3 cars is too many to keep as toys, 2 will be plenty to spend money on.

"Fast68back" said:
But now you have some coin to spend on the other two...... :hmm

And don't forget to set aside some for your adopted son (me!) in your will.

remember, it was a 65 coupe project, tough economy, 6,cyl, needed front clip put back on--(I had used fixable ford fenders) I had most of the parts to complete--needed to go to frame machine (minor) I sold it for $3400 and lost money, I was just not getting motivated on it and I didn't want to just leave it set, guy is bringing a trailer friday night, I just hope nothing happens to it before then.

Back