• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

I was smokin' yesterday

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
Finally got out my recent bday present and put it to work, smoking some of the Mrs.'s recently caught Salmon. Since I hadn't smoked fish for well over 20 years, I decided to smoke just a few pieces in case I trashed this attempt. Now I wish I did a heck of a lot more. Tried 2 different recipes, thus why you see two bowls and racks of fish. I forgot to take pics of when I first created the dry brine mixes the night before which both consisted mainly of Dark brown sugar and non iodized salt. Then I steered them seperately by adding different spices. The two batches of fish and brine sat in the refer over night. The contact with the fish causes the dry mix to liquidfy.

Yesterday am. Left bowl with added garlic salt and Yoshida Gourmet sause. Right bowl with crushed garlic cloves.
Smokera.JPG

Lightly rinsed and air dry for a couple hours:
Smokerc.JPG

Big Chief working out. Using Alder wood chips
Smoker1.JPG

Blanket for Big Chief for when it's cold. Helps keep the heat in. Not needed for summer time for it will raise the
temp too high.
Smoker2.JPG

Smoker3.JPG

Smoker4.JPG

Smoker5.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
:wor.....like that smoker. Makes my offset look like a joke. I made ribs in mine last week but screwed them up by leaving them in too long. Actually turned them into cured ham with the spices I used.

Back