• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Inst. cluster is in....

AzPete

This is the MP Products inst. cluster. Had to take care of some minor problem areas when we got into the wiring of the car. Nothing major, just things that needed to be done different. Pulled out the old and the new was really nice to wire. Just match whatever color the cluster had with the factory code and splice them. Easy to read color codes too. That gives you a nice plug when the cluster has to be removed again. I got the manual cluster so I use a regular speedo cable. The thing they do not tell you is that there are un-used wires that really need to be cut and capped off for safety. These are some dash light wires and the amp meter wires. Not a problem if you know what you are looking at. I will contact them concerning this as it was the same several years ago on my first set.

The small Grant wheel splits the outer gauges without blocking any of my view. All looks well now.

unload040.jpg

unload041.jpg

This has the high beam indicator lit....it is super bright at night. I will paint the end of the lens (high beam and turn signals) flat black, leaving a glow to the sides as the lens is about 1/4" in depth.
unload042.jpg

After that, we had to get rid of some of this stuff. The local area has bee dry for Wattles lately but I located one 6 pack on the other side of town and have more ordered.
unload.jpg

That's some mighty fine looking beverages you got there...*G*

Clean install Pete!

I'm gonna have to try this Wattle stuff. Now I'm curious how good of beer it really is

Thanks.

As far as the Wattles, most reviews say it best:

"The beer poured a slightly hazed reddish/bronze color which gave off a light lavender hue when held to the light. Even with a hard pour I could only coax a 1½ finger off-white head out of it that only lasted about a minute before fading to just a thin rim, but it did leave some nice lacing on the glass.

The smell was mild chocolate and nuts with a slight floral aroma. Very nice.

The taste was a mix of hazelnut flavor, chocolate, and toffee with a lighter touch of herbal hops for balance. No bitterness at all. I liked the flavor of this, only wish it were even stronger.

Medium body with fairly high carbonation to keep it crisp and refreshing.

The 5.8% abv is not even noticeable so they are really easy to down. Unfortunately I only bought one.

*Note: I never heard of wattle seed before so I looked it up. It turns out they are the edible seeds from Australian acacia trees and give off the aroma and flavors of chocolate, hazelnut, and mocha. I didn't notice any mocha flavor in the beer but that explains why it has the chocolate and hazelnut notes."

"AzPete" said:
As far as the Wattles, most reviews say it best:

"The beer poured a slightly hazed reddish/bronze color which gave off a light lavender hue when held to the light. Even with a hard pour I could only coax a 1½ finger off-white head out of it that only lasted about a minute before fading to just a thin rim, but it did leave some nice lacing on the glass.

The smell was mild chocolate and nuts with a slight floral aroma. Very nice.

The taste was a mix of hazelnut flavor, chocolate, and toffee with a lighter touch of herbal hops for balance. No bitterness at all. I liked the flavor of this, only wish it were even stronger.

Medium body with fairly high carbonation to keep it crisp and refreshing.

The 5.8% abv is not even noticeable so they are really easy to down. Unfortunately I only bought one.

*Note: I never heard of wattle seed before so I looked it up. It turns out they are the edible seeds from Australian acacia trees and give off the aroma and flavors of chocolate, hazelnut, and mocha. I didn't notice any mocha flavor in the beer but that explains why it has the chocolate and hazelnut notes."

WTF? Is he an out of work wine reviewer? Holy toledo, the metrosexuals are fookin' up even beer descriptions now. Here's my review of my usual brew, Sam Adams: Buuuuurrrppp. <sound of bottle cap being removed> Gulp.

Oh, nice panel also :lol

I thought that review would add some color to the board. Have no idea who it is....and glad I don't.

I like the '66 instrument cluster much better than the '67! What a dramatic (understatement) upgrade :10 over the little mini gauges you had previously! I'm sure they served their purpose well! But I'm excited about the upcoming install of your mini gauges in my '67! Amazing how upgrades are neverending in the classics!

Back