• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Install repop spoiler on 70 Mach?

miketyler

I got the repo rear deck spoiler from CJPP and bought the under deck support from Mr Mustang. Are there specs anywhere on hole locations or should I just locate the holes using the supports? The unit came with no instructions - probably is a no-brainer but thought I would ask.

I hate drilling holes in an otherwise perfectly good trunk lid......

Wow - no one has ever installed one of these before? It really is a no brainer I guess but can anyone that has happened across one of these rarities noticed what size the holes in the deck lid were on factory cars? The under deck support bushings are 1/2" ID and quite a bit larger than the 1/4" threaded rod. Did they bore the holes in the deck lid that large to move it around and center it or were the holes in the lid smaller?

!BVL68P!!2k~$(KGrHgoOKiEEjlLmf)k0BKROgMdkVg~~_12.JPG

I drilled mine 1/4.

I don't have a lid with factory holes to look at.

Those holes in the sides of the bracket locate to the hinge bolt. Do you have a Ford lid or a repop?

Does it have the cutouts for those brackets?

Pretty sure its a Ford lid, the fittings nest in place nicely. I have some 1/2 bushings that will locate centers of the holes so I can drill from backside.

Mine already has the cutout, did non spoiler cars require the hole to be cut?

Also, your thru holes are .250" dia? They look a little larger in the pic.

"miketyler" said:
Mine already has the cutout, did non spoiler cars require the hole to be cut?

Also, your thru holes are .250" dia? They look a little larger in the pic.

69 deck lids did not have the cutouts. I think 70 models did. and repop lids do also.

Back