• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

installation

eZ65

Whats the safest way to install the new radiator so that everything gets water/antifreeze before firing?

so that everything gets water/antifreeze before firing?

This, in my opinion, isn't really that important. Just connect the radiator hoses and fill that sucker up with 50/50 mix.

You can run an engine for quite a while with NO coolant before there will be any negligble effects.... just keep your eye on the engine temperature!

looks like my lower radiator hose does not fit...i dont know which one to go buy

[attachment deleted by admin]

Can the engine side of the hose be cut a couple inches enabling the hose to slide over in line with the radiator outlet? Or is the hose moulded on that end prohibiting cutting it?

If you can't cut it, bring it down to your local auto parts store and ask to look at all of their in-stock hoses for a possible match. Remember, you can cut a longer/weirdly angled hose to fit your particular application.

What does the radiator manufacturer have to say about all of this? Is this a direct fit radiator?

unfortunatley its one of those chinese radiators from ebay.

If I cut the hose it sits too high to connect to the outlet

If you can't cut it, bring it down to your local auto parts store and ask to look at all of their in-stock hoses for a possible match. Remember, you can cut a longer/weirdly angled hose to fit your particular application.

Tried like hell to find a hose that would work at pep boys. couldnt find anything that would work that is thick enough. gonna try napa tomarrow...

This is a good way to fill your system.

http://www.sjdiscounttools.com/mitmv4535.html

sjdiscounttools_2021_379072270

Back