• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Instrument cluster harness question

GTchris

aefdc100-ada0-76b4.jpg

I have a factory tach car. I am working on restoring the instrument cluster. It look like all the wiring is decent and uncut but, it looks like I am missing the left turn signal indicator socket.

I stopped in at a local supply house and they had a non tach cluster harness.

aefdc100-addb-7114.jpg

It looks like my harness is missing this lead. It looks like one of the connectors on this lead goes to the clock but, my existing harness has a clock power lead. Is it ok if I use this lead out of a non tach car?

Last edited by a moderator:
1967 dash cluster connectors are very very strange. Accompanying the 12 pin connector is either a single bullet connector for the left turn signal light, or a two pin affair for the left turn and clock power. I've seen the two pin connector with only the left turn signal pin installed, so there must have been a mid-year change. The tach version has the clock power inside the 12 pin connector; the non-tach has it outside that connector.

Tell me what you have on the main harness side for the left turn signal, and I can provide you its mate for the cost of shipping.

It's a single pin. It's hard to tell from the pic but, I am holding the green w/ white strip wire.

IMG_0509.jpg

I sent you a PM with my address.

Let me know how much you need for the lead or, if you just want naked pics of my wife like last time.

Just like before, Chris!

I got your PM; $2.00 via PayPal to cover the cost of shipping.

Back