• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Intake question on my new engine.

msell66

The party’s over
Donator
So, my new race engine is finished and dyno tuned. Dean noticed on the dyno that the left bank is running a near perfect AFR, but the right bank is just a little rich. I'm running a Weiand Stealth dual plane intake. Anyone know what runner in the intake feeds what side? I don't have it back in my possession yet and can't visualize how it's set up. I know it's an odd question, but if we can figure out which runner feeds what , might be able to squeeze out another HP or 2.

No need to waste time talking about blowing it up, it ain't even in Ames yet.....Ya hammerheads.

Edit: I haven't seen this intake and for all I know I may be asking the wrong question. Could have been lost in translation while talking to Dean (ala Chemo Brain).

You can Google a picture and see how the runners go. Each "bank" is fed by both the upper and lower portion of the intake in a crossover type of way. The runners all appear, as they should be, to be of equal length. The runner difference seems to be an abrupt turn to start on a pair and a longer sweeping turn on the front and rear port of either side. I don't think I would blame the intake. Is he finding the same AFR difference in all cylinders (bank vs bank)? Certain cylinders on each side are fed by runners lower on the intake which might be getting a hotter intake charge which could explain slight variance.

Looking back at my notes, he can't figure out if it's the long or short runners causing the rich condition.

If all goes well I'll go get the engine in late April (if I'm healed up) and bring it back to Ames. Maybe an engine installation party is the future!

Just give me a bit of an advance notice and i will be there. I got some handy tools just for such an event.

Back