• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

interesting article on inflation

crustycurmudgeon

I was reading this article

http://www.321gold.com/editorials/benson/benson072710.html

and started wondering about the writer's level of seriousness when I read this part:

"I was careful, too, when approaching the mini-bar in the room because the motion detectors inside would bill me for food and beverage items that were examined and put back but not consumed (a bottle of coke was $5)."

but I'll be damned--it's true!

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:FqFbIpdjtDgJ:consumerist.com/2008/01/sensor-detects-if-you-move-anything-on-minibar-charges-you.html+mini+bar+motion+detectors&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Frank

"the mini-bar in the room because the motion detectors inside would bill me for food and beverage items that were examined and put back but not consumed (a bottle of coke was $5)."

Yep, it happened to me a few months ago. I was told upon check-in that the items in the fridge were controlled by motion detectors, but silly me tested fate and tried placing a store bought bottle of D. Pepsi in the fridge when it accidentally bumped a bottle of Corona. It moved the Corona bottle for a milli-second.... kinda just "rocked it" gently.... and sure enough a $5 charge for a Corona showed up on my bill at checkout. I explained what happened to the desk clerk and she took the Corona off my bill w/o any hassle.

"daveSanborn" said:
Yep, it happened to me a few months ago. I was told upon check-in that the items in the fridge were controlled by motion detectors, but silly me tested fate and tried placing a store bought bottle of D. Pepsi in the fridge when it accidentally bumped a bottle of Corona. It moved the Corona bottle for a milli-second.... kinda just "rocked it" gently.... and sure enough a $5 charge for a Corona showed up on my bill at checkout. I explained what happened to the desk clerk and she took the Corona off my bill w/o any hassle.

Did I read this correctly? There was a cold beer that Dave Sandborn did not drink? Damn...the world has ended!

"Midlife" said:
Did I read this correctly? There was a cold beer that Dave Sandborn did not drink? Damn...the world has ended!

Dave was over extended at the time due to paying for someone else's wedding...

Rest assured that Dave was drinking cold beer... he was just drinking it down at the over-priced hotel bar and not from his REALLY over-priced in-room mini-bar.

Back